Time Inc UK is is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 60+ influential brands including Time, Fortune, InStyle, NME and Country Life.
About the Company
Marketforce is a leading Sales, Marketing and Distribution company, backed by one of the world’s largest media organisations. With expertise across mass market and specialist products, we ensure Britain’s biggest and best publications benefit from the very best distribution to the consumer. We work with internationally recognised brands such as HELLO!, Classic Rock, Marie Claire, The Beano, What’s on TV and New Scientist.
- Marketforce is the market leading exporter of magazines from the UK. It exports it’s clients magazines to over 90 different countries worldwide, working closely with the supply chain and its International distributor network, to achieve the publisher’s strategic goals. Continually striving to excel, International is a dynamic environment within which to work, allowing its team members the opportunity to add value at all levels.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the International Business Development Manager you will manage the international sales and distribution for some of Marketforce’s most prestigious publisher clients. The role has two main purposes: (1) to be responsible for managing specific Publisher portfolios developing the export strategy; (2) to manage and develop specific territories for the whole Marketforce portfolio.
- Day to day management of a large portfolio of titles
- Recommend and implement promotional plans, taking ownership of budgeting and forecasting and exploring new business opportunities to drive sales.
- Responsibility for ensuring smooth operational process covering logistics, finance and returns, setting efficiency targets and managing supplies.
- Producing regular performance reports with insight and recommendations.
- Dealing with print orders & reporting for Time Inc.UK business with a key focus on updating title forecasts and publisher packs.
- Experience in managing a key client account relationship
- Ability to deliver first class client service within a challenging environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent data analysis skills and the ability to translate raw data into tangible opportunities
- Strong communication skills and experience of interacting effectively with people at all levels.
- Project management skills and experience of managing multiple tasks to budget and deadline
- Ability to work autonomously when required
- Experience of magazine circulation would be beneficial
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The successful candidate will be a pro-active individual that has strong organisational, administration and communication skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate work to meet strict deadlines. They will also need to be confident in presenting with the ability to present often complex data in a concise, easy to understand format and engaging manner.
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Reply to: Please upload your CV and a short statement about yourself (no more than 150 words). Your statement should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role and your motivation behind applying.
Please visit our website at www.marketforce.co.uk for more information on our organisation.