Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer company that engages over 170 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE and SOUTHERN LIVING, as well as approximately 60 diverse brands in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the PEOPLE ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY NETWORK (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE MOST POWERFUL WOMEN, PEOPLE’s SEXIEST MAN ALIVE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR, the ESSENCE FESTIVAL and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The job: Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
The Senior Vice President, Investor Relations will play a critical, leading role in communicating the transformation underway at Time Inc. This experienced, communicative leader is excited by the convergence of media and technology – and comes prepared to act as an extension of the company’s senior leadership team including the CEO, CFO and COO.
- Assume responsibility for all aspect of investor relations, including leading the earnings process and investor marketing, interacting with the Time Inc. board of directors, attending operating reviews to help evaluate the company’s operations and performance, analyzing peers and industry trends, leading the company’s corporate preparedness initiatives, working with proxy voting counterparts and helping management to understand the perceptions of the value drivers of the business
- Work with Time Inc.’s senior leadership team to develop scripts, talking points, PowerPoint presentations and other communications strategies/materials that clearly illustrate the company’s multiplatform multimedia strategy
- Be able to develop networks of strong, trusted relationships with institutional investors and within our organization
- Want to learn anything and everything about our business and industry, developing expertise in the convergence of media and technology – and in business transformation at scale
- Be the kind of person that can find communication solutions and common ground that satisfy investors, management, company directors, attorneys, accountants, etc.
- Have very strong writing and PowerPoint skills. Our management presentations should sound, look and feel like our media products (premium content)
- Report to the EVP and Chief Financial Officer
- Experienced: You come with senior-level public company or public markets experience in an investor relations, banking, research or finance role and are comfortable with navigating high-level relationships with the investment community, in the C Suite, with the Board of Directors and the press. Experience in the media industry as well as IR or finance roles with companies that have undergone transformation or turnaround is preferred. You have strong relationship, writing, PowerPoint and communications skills.
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You’re energized by working in the start-up environment of Time Inc.
- Networked: You know how to manage relationships for the long-term and you can build a network of people who trust you.
- Communicative: Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re writing a team email to kick-off a new project, creating a presentation deck to describe the strategic direction of the company, or presenting ideas to the company’s CEO.