Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The Central Finance team is seeking an Analyst with a strong understanding of US GAAP, and experience working in a global shared service center. This individual will be responsible for partnering with the US based process owners. The position would need to be client management focused, a ‘hands-on’, and highly motivated to identify and drive change. Candidates applying for the position must be self-motivated with a strong background in financial accounting, and record to report processes.
- Perform activities for monthly close, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and reporting of actual balances.
- Support technical accounting activities like Intercompany, Investment Equity, and Intangibles etc.
- Provide project support on strategic initiatives and manage periodic reporting deliverables.
- Analyze existing processes and identify, recommend and implement process improvements to drive efficiencies.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and ability to apply advanced concepts and policies.
- Proficient with Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.); familiarity with PeopleSoft Financials a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, comfort with financial details, as well as, big picture issues.
- Solutions oriented-problem solver.
- Strong customer and team management focus.
- CA or CPA or relevant accounting certification with work experience in a financial role.
- 1 -2 years of experience working with accounting and general ledger related responsibilities.
Holidays: Candidate applying for this job will follow the US Holiday Calendar and following 3PM to 12 Midnight shift.