Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The candidate will work in Time Inc.'s office in Bangalore, India and be an extension of the Internet Operations and Engineering group's Internet Engineering sub-team. Team’s primary responsibility is to administer the virtual infrastructure and services that support such highly trafficked web sites such as Time.com, RealSimple.com and Health.com while maintaining the highest standards in reliability, scalability, security, performance and availability. The team’s duties include general Linux systems automation, operating system and software release patching, new infrastructure design and testing, service level tracking and reporting and disaster recovery planning. We are an extensive user of Amazon Web Services (AWS), and are looking for a bright and energetic engineer who enjoys a fast-based environment and thrives on pushing the state of the art.
As a member of our Internet Operations and Engineering team, you will be responsible for the complete build out, deployment, and ongoing management of a number of web sites and services. Working with your peers, you will design the hosting and system configuration, deploy the technology stack, and ensure production readiness. Day to day, you will be the lead for the project, collaborating with development teams, the Internet Operations team, and the business stakeholders to build and deploy new features, functions, and to respond to changes in scale, service, and performance. You will also work with the rest of your Engineering colleagues to design new tools, develop and document best practices, and continue to drive down the costs of building and managing our portfolio of sites and services.
- Contribute to the design, configuration, buildout, and ongoing maintenance of a number of web sites or web services, acting as the "go to" person for the rest of the organization for that site or service.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Engineering organizations to design, develop, and maintain new tools and processes to make it easier and faster for the teams to support a large portfolio of web sites and services.
- Provide support for Linux system configuration and infrastructure running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Provide expertise and support on web site and service design, scaling, and security to web development teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues with large scale web-based applications, including being able to diagnose issues at every level of the infrastructure stack
- E degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Linux systems administration proficiency, preferably RHEL or CentOS
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, bash)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience, familiarity with some the following: EC2, ELB, CloudFront, Auto-scaling groups, Route53, VPC, IAM, RDS, Beanstalk
- Experience with web servers (Apache, nginx) and a basic understanding of web caching
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, thorough understanding of OS, application interfaces and networking (HTTP(s), TCP/IP, SSH)
- Familiarity with AWS Infrastructure as Code via Terraform or AWS CloudFormation a plus
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) a plus
- Experience with Docker, ECS, Kubernetes a plus
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a rapidly changing environment
Key Behavioral Requirements
- Respect in the workplace
- Demonstrates integrity and authenticity
- Encourages and facilitates the exchange of ideas
- Fosters an inclusive work environment
- Advocates connection and collaboration
- Communicates and relates effectively
- Promotes and encourages teamwork
- Manages relationships and expectations
- Thinks and solves problems creatively
- Makes a difference
- Takes personal accountability for actions and results
- Is action oriented rather than reactive
- Takes initiative and goes beyond what is required