About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
The Job: Software Engineer | News group
We are seeking a capable Software Engineer to join our ranks and help transform how we create and tell stories across our over 25 iconic brands, including PEOPLE, TIME, and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED.
As a full-stack engineer on one of our brand teams, you will build new storytelling tools. You'll collaborate to create great new audience experiences. You'll work closely with stakeholders in editorial, business, and product development to understand requirements, build prototypes, and deliver world-class products and features.
You Should Have:
- 1-2 years of CSS experience, CSS3 and SASS
- Knowledge of mobile-first, responsive website development
- Experience with a modern front-end framework ( React, Angular, Backbone/Marionette )
- Experience with Node/Express/HAPI
- Practical knowledge of Git or another DVCS
- Interest in taking a US Top 10 media company to the next level
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with a popular CMS such as Wordpress or Drupal
- An understanding of SQL or document databases
- Understanding of RESTful practices
- Having worked in an Agile environment ( Scrum, Kanban, Lean )
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle: engineering standards, code reviews, manual and automated testing
- Having worked in a publishing firm or other content-centric company.
- Practical knowledge of AWS technologies
- A Communicator: Whether written or oral, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Your interactions with clients and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic and exciting entrepreneurial working environment.
- A Problem-solver: You’re a results-oriented multi-tasker who runs to - not from - a challenge. You’re able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and think independently. You are personally committed to completing a project with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through. You see to it that all assignments are completed correctly and uphold department and company standards.
- Accountable: You are the greatest critic of what you deliver. You are proud of your work, therefore, you stand by it. You work to develop and improve in all areas.