Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc. is seeking a hands-on Search Engine Optimization Manager who can manage small-to-large scale SEO projects and tasks for our food brands. We’re looking for a self-starter who is excited and has a passion for SEO. This position will collaborate closely with editorial, developers and product teams on day-to-day tasks. This is a super hands-on role. The manager must provide status reports; communicate any potential blockers, resource challenges, and/or changes in timelines. The role will report to the Director, SEO, and will support our expanding team through daily management of SEO strategy and communication.
- Work closely with editorial and production team to: ensure articles and content will be shown for specified search terms, collaborate with writers to develop keyword-targeted content, copy editing and review written blurbs
- Monitor and track reporting on traffic, rankings, and conversions
- Provide On-Page Optimization recommendations for META data, headings, internal links and URLs
- Perform technical analysis, monitor, and report on webmaster tool errors, sitemaps, and crawl issues
- Analyze and translate new industry trends into workable solutions
- Perform keyword research and identify content gaps to target, emerging trends, seasonal opportunities - work closely with editors to drive growth
- Report, update & monitor technology related bugs and task requests in an online tool. Verify and conduct quality checks of all tasks and projects to meet business requirements.
- Responsible for providing best practice for redesigns, migrations and site taxonomies
- Develops and conducts training sessions and materials that ensure alignment of SEO across the brand(s)
- Proven: You come with three or more years of experience in organic search ; experience in executing SEO in-house for large content/e-commerce sites a plus. You have proficient knowledge of how research and strategy informs content creation & optimization. Experience working in food properties and food content is a plus.
- Experienced: Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and determine strategies based on data. You have knowledge and understanding of web analytics software such as: Google Analytics and Omniture. Food
- A Communicator: Whether written or oral, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. You have the ability to communicate with stakeholders in order to understand their needs and transform conversations into action as it applies to website changes.