Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The Manager, Digital Marketing Capabilities is a key member of the Digital Marketing, Analytics, and Capabilities team within the Consumer Marketing function at Time Inc. charged with driving consumer revenue through scalable marketing, consumer insights and targeting, and new business opportunities. This organization is central to driving the transformation of Time Inc. from a magazine publisher to a media power house leveraging its well-known brands such as People, Sports Illustrated, Time, and InStyle.
The Manager, Digital Marketing will be responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance Time Inc’s marketing toolset and developing and deploying new digital capabilities that drive the division’s marketing initiatives. In this role, you will be charged with building a capabilities function which includes researching and analyzing digital technologies, defining business requirements, partnering with key stakeholders throughout the organization and acting as the liaison between Marketing, IT and selected vendors.
- Work with business partners to identify & prioritize business needs and potential capability solutions that drive revenue.
- Contribute to the strategic framework and approach of our Digital Marketing capability foundation for Consumer Marketing.
- Define business requirements for new digital marketing capabilities and develop/maintain capabilities roadmap with particular emphasis on personalization, optimization, and order conversion. This includes gathering information needed to build the business case for Leadership.
- Primary liaison with business stakeholders, IT, and vendors to define functional requirements and use cases.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to enhance digital marketing efforts and provide support in solving business problems.
- Perform functional capability demos and presentations for internal teams.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external resources (partners/vendors) as needed to support all job responsibilities.
- Lead tactical and strategic digital implementation and ongoing vendor management activities such as ROI reporting.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working across IT and Marketing teams.
- Two to four years related business experience in project management, business development, sales, marketing and/or product development with proven ability to manage up.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and influence management
- Served as subject matter expert to solve business problems, assisted with development of new products, capabilities, or concepts.
- Experience defining forward-looking capability development plans or working within technology stack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Provides strategic thought leadership and vision on new emerging technologies with ability to navigate a matrixed organization.
- Ready roll up your sleeves and execute.
- Technical degree in MIS, Business Intelligence or Computer Science desired, but not required.
- Proven ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to create structure from ambiguity and adapt to change.
- Proven ability to support initiatives across functional areas.
- Fast learner with a proven ability to work independently, meets deadlines, and prioritizes workload.
- Ability to seek out an answer or solution when one may not be readily apparent