Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
As a member of the Global Technology Group, an application support engineer will provide technical and business support across all applications systems. The candidate is expected to be a motivated, self-reliant and hands-on contributor who possesses both analytical and development skills as well as experience communicating effectively with both business and technical audiences. The individual will have experience working in production support and in a business-facing role and will be part of an on-call rotation. They should have a proven track record of trouble shooting complex issues, managing multiple demands simultaneously, and have shown the ability to make critical decisions under pressure.
- Aid with business utilization, debugging and troubleshooting of applications in production environments.
- Engage and actively contribute in requirements elaboration with business end users
- Perform production support for client issues.
- Administration of various issue-tracking and knowledge-repositories
- Participate in support functions including day-to-day project support, working closely with Development, QA, Release Management, Operations, and end users
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of our business and how the supported applications are used to run it
- Drive incident management and problem resolution. Identify root cause and coordinate fixes of the production systems.
- Escalation point for internal customers to diagnose and resolve complex application/systems issues
- Exercise judgment within defined standard policies and procedures to analyze application/systems issues, determine the cause of the problem and then collaborate with others to resolve the issue in a timely matter.
- Validate resolution of issues by any means necessary (i.e. replication of problem reported and solution), and analyze solution for accuracy and completeness.
- Recommend changes in support practices, maintenance and standards, and cross-training required to better share support responsibilities across the team and with the solution owners.
- Maintain the knowledge base for support requests and service catalog for various services provided by technology to end customers.
- Display an attitude of openness, collaboration, and accountability; Be willing to approach problems from a variety of different angles and challenge the status quo
- Good understanding of Oracle PL/SQL, SQL queries, UNIX/Linux shell scripting
- Excellent verbal and written English communication
- Standard MS Office tools for presenting data to end users, creating presentations, and documenting processes
- Use of git source control and Jenkins/Hudson build and deployment tools
- Oracle query performance tuning
- Java/Groovy and Grails
- Microstrategy reporting
- Agile development concepts
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2 - 4 years experience in a related field (Application Support Engineer)
- Bachelors or Masters in IT/Computer Science Eng.
- Professional Certifications (Preferable but not mandatory)