Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Job Description for Data Warehouse ETL developer:
The ETL developer works as part of our dynamic and fast paced development team. The team is responsible for new application development and/or enhancement of existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business. Specific assignments include application design and development, deployment, maintenance and support.
- Design extract, load and transform (ELT) components and process flow using Python or Pig and Hive in single or multi node environment
- Develop, test and automate applications using Unix Shell Scripts, and Perl.
- Work independently in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems of moderate-to-large size and complexity.
- Provide detailed analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Work with project managers and business analysts to recommend/develop system solutions to business problems, and translate business requirements into technical specifications and applications
Required Skills or Experience
- Strong Experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse on AWS
- Deep understanding of AWS components like EC2, S3 and EMR is required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with Data Warehouse development
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with UNIX environment, and experienced in shell and/or Perl programming.
- Strong understanding of Data warehousing methodology and ELT – ETL best practices
- Previous experience with processing large amount of data is highly desired.
- Experience with Non Columnar and Columnar Databases with strong SQL scripting
- Data model design using a columnar database such as Redshift is a plus
- Experience with ETL /ELT data integration platforms as Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, Ab Initio is a plus
- Experience in developing Data Warehouse applications using Python or Big data technologies (as Hadoop, Pig) is a plus
- Knowledge of code management using Git / SVN or other standard tool
- Familiar with DBMS table design, loading and tuning principles, and experience in SQL and stored procedures.
- The ability to work effectively across time zones with other global team members.