Time Inc. is one of the largest branded media companies in the world. The company reaches more than 130 million people globally each month across multiple platforms, with influential brands like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple, Travel + Leisure and Food & Wine. Time Inc. is home to celebrated events and franchises including the Fortune 500, Time 100, People's Most Beautiful, Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year, Essence Festival in New Orleans and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Sports Illustrated Play (SI Play) is a Sports Technology company that has a simple yet ambitious goal: to serve the vast market of amateur and youth sports leveraging innovative technology and the Sports Illustrated Brand. This is where every major athlete starts their career, and two out of three players say it’s the most important thing they do.
SI Play is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider of online registration, web CMS, eCommerce, and coach and volunteer background checking solutions for more than 8,000 sports organizations throughout the United States and Canada. Our sales and service operations are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Building on more than 60 years as one of the most distinguished names in sports, SI Play provides powerful, simple tools, and technology to help hundreds of thousands of teams operate and simplify your sports life.
As a stand-alone subsidiary of Time Inc., one of the country’s largest and most iconic media companies, SI Play is a rare blend of being a fast-paced, entrepreneurial venture with the support and reach of its affiliation with a major company.
The Sr. Business Development Manager is responsible for prospecting new national partners and identifying new business opportunities with national and regional governing bodies of sport.
The Sr. Business Development Manager will work closely with the regional sales team, marketing, product, and strategy leads. The primary goal of this position will be to increase national sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing high quality pipelines and new business opportunities for technology companies. The ideal candidate will have experience in solution selling, and understand the importance of creating relative value for customers. A background in sports management software and CRM solutions is highly preferable. An ability to quickly learn and develop a thorough knowledge of the national amateur sports market, its solutions and services, and its competitors is required.
- Prospect for potential new opportunities and national and regional governing body partners, identifying the decision makers within client organizations, and engaging prospects to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, solutions, and potential partners.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns and partnerships that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, to identify and develop the company’s unique relative value proposition.
- Work with marketing team to ensure that SI Play’s presentations, collateral, and other sales materials are up-to-date.
- Work closely with Strategy on potential partnering solutions that help maximize our opportunities and drive new sales.
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- A minimum of 5-7 years of business development experience with SaaS solutions.
- Proven success in business development, resulting in revenue wins.
- Experience negotiating complex SaaS agreements with large corporations and developing long-term partnership agreements.
- Experience in sports management technology is highly preferred.
- The ability to be detail-oriented and manage projects from inception through execution.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter mentality with hands-on approach and positive, confident attitude.
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Enthusiasm and vision with an imaginative and creative flare.
- A team player mentality.
SI Play is an equal opportunity employer.