Dot Net Developer (SDE II)
India Technology Services
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches more than 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including over 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as entertainment, food, lifestyle, parenting and home. Meredith is the No. 1 magazine operator in the U.S., and owner of the largest premium content digital network for American consumers. Meredith’s leading national brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, InStyle, Allrecipes, REAL SIMPLE, Southern Living and Martha Stewart Living. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com. Meredith’s National Media Group also includes leading affinity marketer Synapse, and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio.
Dot Net Developer
India Technology Services
We are seeking talented, innovative software engineers to join our Platform Engineering team. The team's charter is to provide a robust application and service architecture which enables content creation, enhancement, and distribution through a single, centrally managed content platform. Engineering focus areas include editorial tools, media ingestion, video, storage, data enhancement, distribution, user profiles, authentication, search, and content personalization. The team owns an ecosystem that is critical to Meredith's content business across editorial and engineering teams creating web, video, and print content.
Technologies which you will be exposed to –
- Elastic Beanstalk
- ElasticCache (Redis)
- You are responsible for the design and implementation of software and services to provide a platform that is scalable, highly available, and drastically reduces Meredith's costs for content ingestion, management, discoverability, and distribution. You must be comfortable working collaboratively with stakeholders and have a strong desire and ability to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Work closely with engineers creating editorial tools, web and mobile experiences.
- Implement new services, APIs, and operational monitoring functions.
- Own production services, investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Provide thorough and readable documentation for all services.
- Develop APIs that allow new content sources to be processed, enhanced, and made available to customers.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to define innovative ways to improve services and reduce costs.
- Participate in technical mentorship with engineers on the team by performing thorough code reviews, pairing, and ad hoc reviews of proposed solutions.
- Work with other teams across the organization to share and establish best practices.
- Demonstrate passion for code quality and lead by example to produce high quality, complex services and applications under tight timelines.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant industry experience.
- 2-6 years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years building applications deployed on AWS or AZURE and the process to manage large data sets.
- Demonstrated understanding of REST, service architecture, monitoring, and the tenants of horizontal scalability.
- Experience developing complex and supporting highly available services running in a production environment.
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented and functional software design patterns, including those commonly used by large scale search and recommendation engines.
- Proven experience developing and owning production services and applications deployed in AWS or AZURE leveraging continuous integration and codified infrastructure.
- Extensive experience using .Net Full or .NetCore
- Knowledge of SQL data stores and ideally MS SQL.
- Exposure to NoSQL data stores.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to translate user stories into technical tasks.
- Ability to estimate effort effectively.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.