Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches more than 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including over 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as entertainment, food, lifestyle, parenting and home. Meredith is the No. 1 magazine operator in the U.S., and owner of the largest premium content digital network for American consumers. Meredith’s leading national brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, InStyle, Allrecipes, REAL SIMPLE, Southern Living and Martha Stewart Living. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com. Meredith’s National Media Group also includes leading affinity marketer Synapse, and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio.
MNI Marketing Analyst
The position will report into the India-based manager but work closely with the MNI Account Marketing team (based in Connecticut, US) in mining and packaging syndicated data as well as in providing day-to-day support on process-centric activities/tasks & deliverables.
- Provide syndicated data pulls (in response to requests from the MNI team) using various data sources such as GfK MRI, Scarborough, Claritas and comScore to build compelling “data-driven” audience stories to support sales team efforts.
- Leverage data and trends to create and deliver compelling sales material components that will enhance MNI’s position as the go-to provider of targeted media solutions for clients
- Support the research lead/manager in the creation/update of marketing collaterals including audience data sheets, category materials (across multiple industries like CPG, Technology, Finance, Retail, etc.), case studies, general presentations and create custom target/network definitions for syndicated data sources whenever required
- Establish excellent working relationship with MNI stakeholders in US
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors (2 to 4 years work experience) or MBAs (0 to 2 years work experience)
- Prior experience (academic included) in conducting secondary research, preferably for the US market
- Hands-on experience working on secondary research tools and databases
- A background in Media/Marketing (either through previous experience/internship/ academics)
Must have (Technical Skills):
- Highly analytical
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Intermediate/Advanced skills with MS-Excel (Lookups, Arrays, Power Pivots, VBA)
Must have (Non-Technical Skills):
- Excellent English language communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task; juggle a range of assignments with a high degree of autonomy and work within tight timelines
- Good conceptual thinking and ideation skills; passion for data & insights
- Excellent presentation-building skills
- Good relationship-building skills
Good to have (Technical/Non-Technical Skills):
- Prior experience with syndicated data tools & resources such as GfK MRI, Ipsos Affluent Survey, comScore, Kantar/PIB and MediaRadar
- Proficiency in American English and/or experience working with US based clientele
- Good understanding of the US market and/or exposure to American pop-culture and advertising trends for major brands/advertisers, by virtue of having worked with or studied in the US