Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches more than 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including over 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as entertainment, food, lifestyle, parenting and home. Meredith is the No. 1 magazine operator in the U.S., and owner of the largest premium content digital network for American consumers. Meredith’s leading national brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, InStyle, Allrecipes, REAL SIMPLE, Southern Living and Martha Stewart Living. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com. Meredith’s National Media Group also includes leading affinity marketer Synapse, and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio.
CMS Software Engineer II
Global Technology Services
Meredith Digital, Content Platform Engineering
Meredith has an exciting opportunity for a talented Software Developer to join the team building the next-generation Digital Content Management platform. This platform provides a range of features including content creation, layouts, social, video, and UGC for our consumer experiences and is critical to the business. You will work closely with stakeholders in editorial, business, and product development to understand requirements, build prototypes, and deliver world-class products and features.
The applicant needs to be a highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person with a sharp mind who works well under pressure and thrives in an atmosphere of rapid and iterative design and development. You must be comfortable working collaboratively with stakeholders and have a strong desire and ability to deliver innovative solutions to complex interaction problems.
- Implement advanced editorial workflow and web-based image manipulation tools to provide users with a best-in-class editorial user experience.
- Develop robust custom modules supporting must-have features such as Video, Social, and Affiliate integrations.
- Work with leading edge CMS and micro-service technologies with an emphasis on WordPress.
- Participate in code reviews, brainstorming sessions and an Agile daily and weekly routine.
- Build assertion tests and custom processes as part of our continuous integration release/deployment process.
- Own production services, investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Provide thorough and clear documentation for all services including screenshots and screencasts.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers, and editorial staff to define innovative ways to improve services and reduce costs.
- Participate in technical mentorship with engineers on the team by performing thorough code reviews, pairing, and ad hoc reviews of proposed solutions.
- Work with other teams across the organization to share and establish best practices.
- Passionate about code quality and lead by example to produce high quality, complex services and applications under tight timelines.
Successful candidates will take initiative and ownership of their tasks. They will possess many of the following qualifications.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years experience engineering complex web-based applications.
- Experience with frameworks like React, Angular or Vue is a plus.
- Experience with NodeJS, Lambda, and AWS.
- Expert level understanding of WordPress plugins and the WordPress Admin UI.
- Experience with object-oriented design and data modeling.
- Strong background building CMS-based, service-oriented integrations based on REST/JSON model.
- Solid experience working with source/version control systems such as Git and SVN.
- Understanding and experience working with the Gitflow model and Github.com Pull Requests.
- Strong communication, time management and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Experience with web application security considerations.
- Ability to translate user stories into technical tasks.
- Ability to estimate effort effectively.