Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches more than 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including over 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as entertainment, food, lifestyle, parenting and home. Meredith is the No. 1 magazine operator in the U.S., and owner of the largest premium content digital network for American consumers. Meredith’s leading national brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, InStyle, Allrecipes, REAL SIMPLE, Southern Living and Martha Stewart Living. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com. Meredith’s National Media Group also includes leading affinity marketer Synapse, and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio.
The prospective candidate would work on a wide variety of Retail Research projects for magazine brands. He / she will be responsible for analyzing and carrying out various statistical analyses using excel, R or Python. She / he must also have the ability to interpret the findings of their analysis and communicate these findings effectively and collaborate with the New Jersey team.
- Strong data analytical background
- Knowledge in various Modelling and Statistical Techniques.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, excel and powerpoint skills.
- Needs to be proficient in multi-tasking, detail oriented, and possess excellent communication skills.
- To be the key client contact for research project implementation, follow-up questions and information requests for research projects.
- Report development & Information analysis
- Advanced Reporting on magazine’s newsstand performance vs competitors based on parameters like sales, COT, retailers, share of market, category etc.
- Use R to run various statistical tests, such as Cover Tests, Promotion Tests, Price Tests etc.
- Competitor Analysis
- Cover Analysis
- Sales Projection via Data Modelling
- Must possess experience in data manipulation and must have the ability to interpret the findings of their analysis and communicate these findings effectively.
Skills & Experience
Technical Must have: Knowledge of quantitative data analysis and statistics, Working Knowledge in various model building techniques, Strong analytical skills, Data interpretation, Report writing and presentation skills, Microsoft Office tools -Excel, & PowerPoint
Non-Technical Must have: Strong attention to detail, Good communication and writing skills, Relationship building skills, Good Team management skills, research project management, Ability to handle many projects simultaneously, Innovative and creative thinking
Good to have: Understanding of Media Industry, Ability to work on Automating tools, Knowledge of Python and/or R
MBA in Marketing from a reputed college with good grades.