Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches more than 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including over 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as entertainment, food, lifestyle, parenting and home. Meredith is the No. 1 magazine operator in the U.S., and owner of the largest premium content digital network for American consumers. Meredith’s leading national brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, InStyle, Allrecipes, REAL SIMPLE, Southern Living and Martha Stewart Living. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com. Meredith’s National Media Group also includes leading affinity marketer Synapse, and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio.
This position is a unique opportunity to be part of Meredith India’s Research and Analytics COE
Overview of Responsibilities
- Identify patterns/trends in digital data and discover factors driving it.
- Data interpretation through SQL. Retrieval and analysis of huge amounts of data.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of critical reports.
- Write intuitive insights and analysis based on data.
- Aid in standardization, development, improvement and upkeep of various reports.
- Help identify and implement process improvements as needed.
- Preparing and presenting dashboards to show-case insights and recommendations.
- Routinely communicate and engage with teams in US.
- Graduate/Post Graduate with reporting and 1+ years of analytical experience or certifications/courses on analytics.
- Quantitative background (computer science, mathematics, statistics, operations research, econometrics, bioinformatics, physics, etc.) is a plus
- Quantitative and logical thinker, with at least 1 year experience in reporting and analysis. Experience using any Web Analytics tool like Adobe Marketing Cloud or Google Analytics is a plus.
- Experience in working with databases and SQL in a business environment is a plus
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques such as Regression, Clustering, Time Series Forecasting, etc. using R, Python is a plus
- Expertise in Dash-boarding and interactive data visualization techniques using Tableau
- Comfortable working with large dataset and API
- Demonstrated experience with Business Intelligence/Data Mining tools to work with data, investigate anomalies, construct data sets, and build models
- Sound business judgment and ability to apply business context
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Working knowledge/experience of SQL, Stats, R/Python
Personal Performance and Organization Valued Behaviors: Self-reliant, resourceful, and able to work independently, but also an effective team member in sharing knowledge and best practices. Follows organization’s vision, values and principles; knows and observes quality standards.