ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
The FanSided network is a subsidiary of Meredith and features more than 300 websites covering a variety of sports, entertainment and lifestyle topics. Launched in 2009 and acquired by Time Inc. in May 2015, FanSided is one of the industry’s fastest growing digital content networks and includes sites dedicated to every major professional sports team, all of the nation’s top college athletic programs, popular TV shows, movies and other celebrated sports, culture, tech and entertainment categories. Boasting a roster of more than 2,000 writers, FanSided’s unique fan-focused editorial content reaches millions of dedicated readers every month online and via its stable of highly customizable apps and newsletters.
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to FanSided Inc.’s CEO and Senior Operations employees and will provide support for other employees as needed. This is a key role for a detail-oriented, quick thinker interested in adjusting processes to maximize efficiency. The applicant will need to be tech-savvy with superior skills in Excel/spreadsheets as well as other administrative software.
- Provide administrative support to CEO and Operations team
- Handle onboarding of all independent contractors tax and other required documentation
- Review, edit, and audit vendor payment reports. Manage any issues/corrections with independent contractor payments
- Help department efficiency by making sure that projects are on schedule by optimizing workflow, enabling remote decision-making, and filtering distractions
- Regularly work with information that is highly confidential, strategic and critical in nature
- Assist the support desk on non-technical support tickets
- Interface with corporate as FanSided’s representative on a regular basis
- Reconcile and file corporate purchasing reports
- Proven: This role won’t be your first supporting executives. You’re skilled at working with numbers and data, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Logistical master: You make ideas action. When given a big, elaborate task, you approach it with a clinical precision. Your clear mind and logical approach doesn’t go unnoticed by bosses, teammates and peers.
- Prepared: You have a comfort with the tools of your world: a proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word/Office, Gmail, Google Drive and other Google Products.
- Communicative: Grace under pressure. That’s what you have. You’re indispensable to bosses and teammates alike for your calm, direct approach to communication. Your adeptness with words shines through the emails you write and the conversations you have.
- Collaborative: You’re a team player and it shows. You’re happiest at work when you’re contributing to the success of a project. You thrive under tight deadlines and keep your cool with others, balancing multiple priorities like a pro.