Sales Coordinator – San Francisco
MNI Targeted Media., a Meredith company, is looking for an Advertising Sales Coordinator, located in our San Francisco office.
About this role:
The Advertising Sales Coordinator is key member of our Advertising Sales Team and plays an important role with the success of client business in his/her district. This person supports and collaborates with multiple sales reps on various projects including client proposals & projects for MNI’s print, digital and mobile advertising solutions.
The Advertising Sales Coordinator manages sales & marketing materials for media kits, presentations, media marketing & research and advertising proposals to clients, for both advertising agencies and clients direct.
This position offers the opportunity to work with internal departments such as the Digital Media Group and Marketing, in addition to the Account Executives they would support in their district.
It also includes being the first face/voice of MNI for inbound client phone calls with a friendly and courteous manner, as well as being the sales rep backup when they are on calls—knowing how to source materials from salesforce and internal departments. This person is a self-starter and can work well independently.
This role also manages details of client events & entertaining as well as any industry events. This includes outreach to prospective vendors and venues, and taking the lead, in fact, owning the process of negotiating rates and contracts, drafting proposals for food and beverage orders, and developing new ideas for entertaining clients, in addition to managing T&E expenses for Account Executives.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Skillset include:
- This position requires strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, resourcefulness, pro-activeness, the ability to prioritize, and the desire and confidence to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates must work well both independently and as part of a team, be detail-oriented, able to interact with internal and external constituents at all levels, and handle confidential information. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Power Point is required.
- A passion for media, advertising and the desire for an opportunity to learn and be mentored by successful and tenured Account Executives is a plus. This person reports directly to the Associate Director of Advertising Sales, Northwest District.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years in a support role within a sales & customer service organization, preferable within the media & marketing industry.
- Creative, compelling and persuasive communication style
- Proven track record of learning new skills & products as well as thriving in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
MNI offers a culture of constant growth, change and a team of highly talented and dedicated professionals.
About this company:
MNI Targeted Media.
Your Audience. Delivered.
MNI Targeted Media Inc., a Meredith company, provides targeted advertising solutions digitally and in magazines. MNI is the only resource marketers need to implement a scalable, targeted, multimedia campaign that gets results.
Customized Online Campaigns
From customized digital display including programmatic solutions of MNIx, to unique and first party data offerings, local search, ad networks, and mobile strategies, MNI creates powerful campaigns that deliver specific audiences and objectives. By partnering with the most popular and prestigious websites and targeting & data technologies, MNI is your single resource for full-service, efficient campaigns in the right environments.
The Power of Print
MNI delivers more than 300 geographic options in 11 lifestyle-defined magazine packages, for precise audience targeting. MNI partners with the country's most prestigious magazines, like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Food Network Magazine, Forbes, Real Simple, and more. Visit mni.com for the full portfolio.
Visit mni.com for more information.