About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
The Manager, Strategy & Marketing is responsible for creating and presenting compelling content marketing strategies that are rooted in data and insights and that tie directly into client & prospect business objectives. This includes researching and preparing strategic recommendations and POV for clients and prospects. The Manager will work closely with the account and analytics teams as well as coordinating and collaborating with the Coordinator(s) and Assistant(s) to provide insight, direction and scope to research projects. Finally, the Manager will work with the VP to develop thought-leadership, contribute to new business pitches and support the overall direction of the practice. The responsibilities of the job are as follows:
- Defines the focus of the strategy of the campaign/program as sold to the client
- Responsible for the development of content strategies and tactics to sell through to our clients & prospects
- The creation of an overarching narrative for proposals and existing client strategies
- Briefing editorial staff to conduct a competitive audit of content.
- Working with edit to develop: editorial voice, mission statement, content pillars & style guides.
- Interface with clients, internal departments and mobile technology vendors on a daily basis to manage programs and deliverables
- Collaborates with internal team members across departments to help form internal and external plans for client deliverables
- Responsible for the development of the proposal documents
- Demonstrates knowledge of each client, their competitors and their landscape
- Attends client meetings to provide strategic guidance in conjunction with Account team
- Responsible for developing ongoing strategic client recommendations and adapts recommendations as new opportunities/challenges present themselves
- Researches and prepares strategic recommendations and POV briefings for clients on content marketing trends and/or opportunities for engagement
- Works closely with Enterprise/Custom/CL teams to define success upfront and measure results accordingly, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Drafts briefs, strategic roadmaps (in partnership with Account and Engagement teams), POV’s, etc.
- Assists the VP in managing a thought leadership curriculum for the Foundry
- Works with VP to provide ongoing feedback, mentorship, and coaching for junior strategy team members on specific accounts or projects
- Approximate role breakdown: 25% Strategy on Existing Accounts, 35% Strategy on Prospects, 30% Proposal Development, 10% Business Development Support
- Experienced: You have or are working towards a BA/BS in marketing, business, technology and/or a related field of study. You have 5-8 years of experience in a media company, content marketing agency or working with one.
- Technically savvy: You have strong Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills, strong analytical and communication skills and are investigatively motivated. You have excellent quantitative analysis skills and the ability to perform basic statistical analysis.
- Organized: You have a strong ability to multi-task; are able to manage your time efficiently, meet deadlines and prioritize work. You have the propensity to be both strategic and tactical. You have experience in analyzing content marketing data and market research.
- A Team Player: You have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. You have the facility with story-telling/narrative frameworks. You have experience in leading a project team.
- Knowledgeable: You have a general knowledge of content marketing and the ability to learn new technologies and software packages quickly.