About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
The Director is responsible for serving as the primary day-to-day strategy lead over a large account and a group of smaller accounts with associated client relationship development, cross-functional team oversight, and strategic oversight. This includes preparing strategic recommendations and POV briefings for clients and prospects working closely with account, editorial and analytics teams to define success upfront and measure results accordingly, both qualitatively and quantitatively and leading team members in supporting efforts. Finally, the Director will work with the VP to drive toward practice mission and goals.. The responsibilities of the job are as follows:
- Supports the VP in development of Foundry content strategy offering, marketing services and consulting delivery capabilities
- Supports VP on critical marketing efforts to ensure department achieves scorecard targets (i.e., client satisfaction, and general financial targets)
- Partners across Meredith for account growth and development, providing industry insight and expertise as needed
- Participates regularly in new business/RFP/pitch processes
- Provides strategic insight and recommendations for proposal development, inclusive of all elements of a content marketing strategy
- Evaluates current offerings and provides strategic recommendations for moving forward and growing business - provide gap and opportunity assessments and offer recommendations on solution
- Provides direct, senior-level consulting, planning and general leadership for client & prospect engagements
- Leads large scale, complex content marketing strategy engagements for Enterprise.
- Reviews emerging technologies and partnership opportunities in partnership with Solutions team
- Works with VP on staffing requirements for client campaigns
- Identifies performance issues and works with HR and VP to address
- Sets direction and participates in the collection of market and industry research to provide performance benchmarks, industry updates, market scans, top-line summaries and client reports
- Conducts continual research and analysis on industry & consumer trends, competitive data, social channels, and emerging technologies
- Responsible for reviewing program status, strategic direction and deliverables with VP on an on-going basis
- Responsible for quantitative and qualitative metrics development and analysis
- Approximate role breakdown: 35% Strategy on Existing Enterprise Accounts, 35% Strategy on Prospects, 20% Proposal Development, 10% Business Development Support
- Experienced: You have or are working towards a BA/BS in marketing, business, technology and/or a related field of study. You have 8-12 years of experience in a media company, content marketing agency or working with one.
- Technically savvy: You have strong Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills, strong analytical and communication skills and are investigatively motivated. You have excellent quantitative analysis skills and the ability to perform basic statistical analysis.
- Organized: You have a strong ability to multi-task; are able to manage your time efficiently, meet deadlines and prioritize work. You have the propensity to be both strategic and tactical. You have experience in analyzing content marketing data and market research.
- A Team Player: You have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. You have the facility with story-telling/narrative frameworks. You have experience in leading a project team.
- Knowledgeable: You have a general knowledge of content marketing and the ability to learn new technologies and software packages quickly.