About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
The Assistant, Strategy & Marketing is responsible for assisting the Coordinator in proposal development for the Foundry Enterprise/Custom Solutions/CL team. This includes proposal development by providing marketing support for competitive research, proposal "story" development support, prospect company research, competitive research, etc. The Assistant is also responsible for desk research into capabilities/service offerings of whatever vendors / competitors / clients are important to the scope of any given strategy project. Finally, the Assistant is responsible for the maintenance of the Strategy department library of presentations, whitepapers, and other research materials.
- Assist with the development of proposal decks, RFIs, various other new business development materials
- Conducts targeted research for client or new business opportunities, based on direction of senior strategy team members
- Maintains a library of strategic presentations
- Manages the Tactree Business Lead Generation program (which includes writing scripts for outreach).
- Works with our edit and art teams to establish marketing activities (eg e-newsletter program) that we can send to customers and prospects to showcase our work and other content marketing insights – tools to position us as leaders in the space.
- Help us with the development and use of case studies that we can put into unique outreach emails.
- Work with our team on the web site – and develop other tools that can help us deliver a regular cadence into the marketplace, and help our sales folks keep conversations active.
- Approximate role breakdown: 10% Strategy on Prospects, 80% Proposal Development, 10% Business Development Support
- Experienced: You have or are working towards a BA/BS in marketing, business, technology and/or a related field of study. You have 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
- Technically savvy: You have strong Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills, strong analytical and communication skills and are investigatively motivated. You have excellent quantitative analysis skills and the ability to perform basic statistical analysis.
- Organized: You have a strong ability to multi-task; are able to manage your time efficiently, meet deadlines and prioritize work. You have the propensity to be both strategic and tactical.
- A Team Player: You have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. You have the facility with story-telling/narrative frameworks.
- Knowledgeable: You have a general knowledge of content marketing and the ability to learn new technologies and software packages quickly.