About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Job Title: UX Designer | Meredith Digital
Location: New York, NY
The UX Design team at Meredith Digital defines the consumer experience for premium brands such as People, Entertainment Weekly, Allrecipes, Real Simple, Martha Stewart, and many more. We are building engaging experiences that excite users and amplify the voice of our brands.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to help define a site experience and feature set that enables that vision across our portfolio of sites. In this role you will craft simple, functional, and elegant experience design solutions based on a deep and empathetic understanding of our user’s needs. You must be collaborative in your approach to internal stakeholders, while simultaneously and vigorously championing the consumer experience.
As a User Experience designer at Meredith you will be responsible for collaborating on user research, translating business requirements into concrete ideas, and refining and iterating on those ideas for delivering to engineering teams. You will design the overall functionality of our products and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
- Thoroughly understand the wants and needs of our users.
- Translate user needs and business requirements into concrete ideas, wireframes, and mockups.
- Build interactive prototypes suitable for validating design decisions with users.
- Produce detailed design documentation for our engineering team and collaborate with them to ensure the highest quality experience possible ships.
User Experience Design
Use business requirements, user stories, and data to produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and rigorous user interface specifications
Collaborate with Design and Product teams
Partner with UX researchers to validate assumptions, test designs, and understand user data
Present design solutions and build consensus among a broad range of stakeholders
Participate in and lead brainstorming and critique sessions that foster big-picture thinking while identifying opportunities to raise the bar on the details
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and experience
3+ years as an user researcher for mass-market Web and Mobile products
- Strong user experience skills including user research, usability testing, and interaction design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Five or more years of UX design experience using best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Familiarity with atomic design methodology and an interest in the challenges that come with building and maintaining design systems
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc. Basic HTML and CSS skills are a big plus.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and stakeholders distributed across the country.