ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
With a fast-growing combined audience of over 100M, the PEOPLE & EW brands are two of the largest and most well-known brands in the world. PEOPLE is a cultural force and a premier destination for consumers and advertisers. Entertainment Weekly is offers unparalleled access, we are your most trusted source for entertainment news, and your direct line to Hollywood’s most compelling artists. Both brands represent a diverse portfolio of media products –digital, video, social, print, events and strategic partnerships – the PEOPLE/EW Brand Marketing team brings these products to life in unique, engaging and custom ways for advertising partners and consumers alike.
The Executive Director of Brand Marketing, PEOPLE/EW plays an integral role in driving ad sales revenue. The position will conceive and communicate creative marketing solutions that leverage the full portfolio of print, digital, native, video and experiential. The executive director will create brand-specific ideas, partnerships and brand extensions. The executive director will liaise with edit, as well as be a go to resource for all internal Meredith teams across the entire portfolio.
- Create brand-specific ideas, partnerships and brand extensions across print, digital, video, native, mobile, social and events to maximize advertising partnerships and revenue
- Act as liaison to edit
- Develop, brainstorm and maintain marketing collateral for brand specific presentations, one sheets and general collateral
- Support the VP, Brand Marketing in analyzing industry trends and marketing programs across competitive categories and properties
- Develop media kits
- Manage edit calendar communication for print and digital and create supporting sales materials
- Coordinate tent pole events across brands
- Execute all events specific to brands in conjunction with the Events teams
- Manage a team of PEOPLE/EW Brand Marketers
- Build and maintain relationships within corporate and the digital structure, as well as with third-party organizations and vendors to enhance Brand Marketing’s arsenal of marketing programs
- Proven: You have 8-10 years of marketing and sales/support experience, preferably in media/advertising. Digital experience is a must. Entertainment experience a plus.
- A team player: A self-starter who is also extremely innovative, professional and resourceful. You have exceptional interpersonal skills and people trust you implicitly.
- Thorough: You have strong management and project management skills from ideation to completion, with the ability to think both creatively and strategically along the way. You are highly organized and thoughtful in the way you approach your work.
- Technically proficient: PowerPoint, Word and Excel are no strangers to you
- A communicator: You are known internally and externally for your excellent proposals and the ability to solve problems quickly and clearly.
- Knowledgeable: You love data and insights, and know how to use them to enhance all offerings. You also have a deep knowledge of advertising sales, digital media and research (@Plan, ComScore, etc.). Mobile social platforms are part of your everyday.