ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
Why you should work with us:
- Our biggest investment is in people like you. At Meredith, we offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement, learning sessions and attendance at tech conferences to help you thrive.
- For this role at Bizrate Insights, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from Meredith, an industry leader, with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
- Participating in activities across the data science lifecycle: business case definition, data collection, cleaning, integration, analysis, visualization, feature engineering, modeling with machine learning algorithms, interpreting the models/results, and reporting.
- Communicating and coordinating effectively with product managers, software engineers, analytical groups and customer-facing teams in an agile environment.
- Working with data processing pipelines for analyzing gigabyte- to terabyte-scale data from multiple sources.
- Designing actionable data products based on statistical analysis and machine learning methods and working on their deployment to enterprise systems to move the needle for business at Meredith / Bizrate Insights.
- Learning continuously in the areas of data science, machine learning, ad technology, marketing operations, data ecosystems, content operations, social media analysis and industry standard measurements.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, or other quantitative fields. (Master’s degree is preferred)
- Solid understanding of popular machine learning algorithms including supervised, un-supervised, and semi-supervised ones. What is the difference between algorithms? What algorithm would you choose for a given problem and why? What are the pros and cons of these algorithms? What is cross validation, hold-out sample, RMSE, overfitting, bias, …?
- Proficient in one or more core data science programming languages (Python or R) and the ability to become functional in emergent languages and APIs as needed (Java, Scala, …).
- Practical experience of building a full cycle machine learning engine from cleansing data to training and hyper parameter optimization to methods for evaluating the accuracy to identifying the ways to improve the accuracy of the model.
- Exposed to and experienced with state-of-the-art machine learning toolkits such as Spark ML, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, xgboost, … preferably in Big Data frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark).
- A self-learner with capability to switch from the independent contributor and leader of the project to a collaborative contributor on the team (and vice versa) depending on the demand of the project and availability of the resources.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, partners and clients to ensure that all parties are aligned and supportive of the project's priorities, requirements, timeline and objectives.
- Familiarity with the MapReduce paradigm and Apache Spark project.
- Proficient with SQL as a means of gathering data from relational databases.
- Practiced data manipulation and mining of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in visualizations for business stakeholders using a variety of visualization tools from MS Excel, libraries in R/Python.
- Familiarity with AWS ecosystem is a plus.