ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
Synapse. Like the powerful connections in the brain we take our name from, we too make powerful connections.
For over 20 years, we have connected people with their passions, products with engaged customers, and our multi-channel clients—including some of the world’s largest consumer brands—with innovative marketing programs.
At Synapse, we employ over 170 professionals whose sole focus is creating, executing, and sustaining winning marketing programs tailored to our clients. Our programs leverage powerful brands to help our partners achieve their marketing objectives, strengthening their customer relationships and their bottom lines.
At Synapse, you’ll work with impressive minds, enjoy great perks, and be a part of a unique company culture. If you’re passionate about writing your own story and growing ours, we’d like to hear from you.
Synapse is looking for a technology savvy Project Manager to lead a variety of Web/SaaS applications and development initiatives. You will play an integral role in all aspects of the software development life cycle. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, will possess the drive to organize multiple projects and teams with a collaborative and results oriented attitude. If your super powers include the following, we want you! Relationship building and coaching, strategic planning, proactive problem solving, risk management, workflow streamlining, continuous improvement, dependency mapping, consensus building, communication, adaptability – and just overall responsibility for getting it done.
- Harness the Agile process to ensure priorities are met, while focusing, empowering and coaching your teams to success
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies including daily stand up meetings, monthly retrospectives, release planning meetings, as well as adhoc conversations to drive consensus and action plans
- Collaborate and manage projects across all departments; marketing, engineering, product, and client development
- Lead cross functional company initiatives of all sizes and complexity throughout entire development lifecycle: concept, design, planning, development, testing and launch of projects
- Partner with project stakeholders to define timelines and milestones for projects
- Communicate and own project schedule, risks, and scope management throughout the project lifecycle
- Stand at the intersection of the engineering, product and business teams, while operating as a true partner to all stakeholders
- Resolve obstacles through strong internal partnerships, sound judgement, clear plans of action, and creative problem solving
- Strong accountability and desire to be the one ultimately responsible for getting things done right, the first time, on time
- Strong track record of project management success leading engineering teams and complex technology projects
- Commitment to continuous self, and organizational improvement
- 5 + years of experience working in systems based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) combined with a functional knowledge of development processes
- 5 + years of hands on experience with Agile software practices; Kanban, Scrum, or other agile web project management methodology
- An organized, adaptable, resolute mindset
- The ability to listen, clearly communicate, facilitate solutions, and create relevant agreements that support actionable plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Computer Science or related field