About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Sales Account Executive
About The Role:
MNI Targeted Media Inc., an advertising and marketing division of Meredith Corporation, is multi-media company providing clients and advertising agencies with targeted advertising and marketing solutions across digital, national magazines, technology, mobile, OTT/connected TV and B2B platforms. MNI is looking for an Account Executive who is a proven sales and marketing leader to identify, grow, and maintain a territory of clients through face to face meetings, prospecting, events, branding, presentations and penetrating organizations on the highest level. This candidate will be required to work with clients/advertising agencies and our internal team to develop integrated advertising and marketing programs to hone in on the client’s needs and objectives by hitting their KPI goals.
Core Responsibilities/ Essential Duties:
- Develop first-ever Mobile office in Alabama by building brand equity, advertising sales and a strong presence in S. Alabama, the Panhandle and Tallahassee, FL.
- Generate a strong understanding of MNI’s products and media solutions
- Cultivate and develop high-level client relationships on the client and agency sides and leverage a strong consultative approach for selling targeted marketing solutions.
- Identify revenue opportunities with existing clients/advertising agencies to grow existing relationships.
- Prospect new business opportunities in your territory, both BtoC and BtoB, through regular outreach to new clients and advertising agencies with face to face meetings, presentations, events, entertainment and other related efforts.
- Provide ongoing client management to partners including regular reviews of marketing plans performance, educational events and client entertainment.
- Develop integrated media plans and support materials working collaboratively with internal MNI team including; planning, marketing, research, account management and ad-ops teams.
- Provide regular updates to management on pipeline of business, percent to goal, territory updates and opportunities along with region challenges.
- Perform client needs analysis to determine marketing pain points and develop strategies to address those needs.
- Exceed annual revenue goals
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Business development specialist with a proven track record of developing and growing a client base and agency relationships. This includes; prospecting, lead generation, and deep relationship development throughout an organization.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in advertising/ media sales with the ability to develop, present and sell through high level media strategy and marketing plans to C-Level clients/ advertising agency teams
- Driven to succeed! - this is an entrepreneurial role. This candidate must have the passion to be successful. Time management, business acumen and a strong work ethic are a must.
- Track record of exceeding revenue goals and overachievement.
- 5+ years’ experience minimum.
- Digital sales experience a plus.
What We Offer:
A world class company culture that provides you the opportunity to grow and develop your territory and includes; offers an aggressive base + commission package, expense allowance, a complete Meredith Corporation benefits package, and the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
About this company
MNI Targeted Media.
Your Audience. Delivered.
MNI Targeted Media Inc., a Meredith company, provides targeted advertising solutions digitally and in magazines. MNI is the only resource marketers need to implement a scalable, targeted, multimedia campaign that gets results.
Customized Online Campaigns
From customized digital display including programmatic solutions of MNIx, to unique and first party data offerings, local search, ad networks, and mobile strategies, MNI creates powerful campaigns that deliver specific audiences and objectives. By partnering with the most popular and prestigious websites and targeting & data technologies, MNI is your single resource for full-service, efficient campaigns in the right environments.
The Power of Print
MNI delivers more than 300 geographic options in 11 lifestyle-defined magazine packages, for precise audience targeting. MNI partners with the country's most prestigious magazines, like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Food Network Magazine, Forbes, Real Simple, and more. Visit mni.com for the full portfolio.
Visit mni.com for more information.