The Managing Editor will join a central team of writers and editors that create and distribute commerce content across all Meredith editorial brands including People, Travel + Leisure, Real Simple, InStyle and Health. This role requires someone who is passionate about writing, editing, ecommerce, and is incredibly organized. This position reports into the Ecommerce Editorial Lead.
Essential Job Functions | Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Assist the ecommerce editorial lead with day-to-day operations of the centralized ecommerce desk
• Edit all content — and write content when time permits
• Identify and carry out content opportunities within fashion, beauty, home, travel, tech, food, and entertainment
• Manage the editorial calendar, production schedule, and other key documents
• Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide editorial decisions
• Collaborate with writers across the entire Meredith portfolio, and various members of the affiliate team including data & strategy and audience development
• Collaborate with the managing editor of the shops to aid in growing that business
• Manage budget and payment of freelancers
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Minimum five years related professional experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and matrixed organization
• A strong editor well versed in a variety of topics/product categories; experience editing commerce content is a plus
• Familiar with the Meredith portfolio, and able to adapt numerous brand voices and writing styles
• Quick to recognize and act on ecommerce news or key content opportunities
• Familiar with digital media tools such as CMS (WordPress and Drupal a plus), Parsely, and Google Analytics
• Experienced managing and executing projects
• Familiar with SEO best practices
• Comfortable with data or willing to learn
• Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, and a team player