ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
Who we are:
- With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
Why you should work with us:
- Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement, learning sessions and attendance at tech conferences to help you thrive. At Bizrate Insights, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
What we look for in our Engineers:
- Have Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "done" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- You pride yourself on writing optimal algorithms, creating elegant object oriented designs, great documentation, and proper test coverage. You are excited to work with a modern technology stack, and you have demonstrable experience with a diverse pool of technologies.
- Be a team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Have an ability to make an impact. You will work on a product that is collecting over 25 million surveys annually. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Never stop Learning. Exposure to latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and training sessions; attending tech conferences.
- Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Write great code. You care about writing good code, design, performance and an outstanding user experience.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Java, you can look forward to the following:
- Utilizing streamlined development and deployment processes that empower engineers to drive features to production
- Mentor other engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, operations engineers
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to anticipate technical needs and facilitate the design of our infrastructure
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of Bizrate Insights systems
- 5+ years experience developing production quality Java microservices
- 3+ years delivering software to production on AWS platforms. Broad and deep knowledge of AWS services including API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, EC2, ELB/ALB, S3, RDS/Aurora, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Kinesis Firehose, Redshift, and ElastiCache
- Expertise with scalability and high availability application design in both ‘serverless’ and EC2 instance-based architectures
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment is key to being successful in this role
- The desire to work in an engineering team that believes in automation, operational monitoring, ownership and support of its own services in production
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience