ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
The Fashion News + Market Editor will work with the Fashion Director and Style Director on the creation of fashion and style content, both written and visual, for Departures and Centurion magazines and Departures.com. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and collaborative, with excellent reporting and writing skills and the ability to translate style-oriented ideas into fully realized magazine pages and digital content. An understanding of the luxury market is necessary and experience at a luxury fashion magazine is a plus.
Departures and Centurion are luxury lifestyle publications published collectively 11 times per year exclusively for American Express Platinum and Centurion Cardmembers. Departures.com and Departures social channels contain daily-updated content about travel, fashion, design, culture and more.
- Pitch ideas for fashion news stories to the style director and then see ideas through from ideation to execution.
- Provide market support to the fashion director and freelance stylists on the planning and execution of fashion shoots.
- Pitch and write regular style-related content for Departures.com.
- Manage credit requirements and sittings sheets for shoots.
- Represent Departures and Centurion at market appointments and industry events.
- Compile and organize market research (photos, credit, etc) each season.
- 3+ years covering the fashion and luxury market for a leading media brand.
- A solid base of contacts within the fashion industry.
- Experience with both print and digital publishing, including pitching, developing, reporting/writing, and closing print pages.
- The tools and time management skills to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- The ability to work collaboratively and efficiently within a small team.
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it. You’re energized by working in the start-up atmosphere of the new Time Inc. International, a dynamic new digitally-led company-within-a-company.
- Proven: Yes, you love to roll up your sleeves and work in a new, uncertain environment. That said, you’re not unfamiliar with working in or with large organizations, leading projects to completion with your strong analytics and financial modeling skills. You have an MBA from a top business school, a familiarity and deep enthusiasm for the media industry and an English and Chinese-language fluency.
- Communicative: Peers, bosses and direct reports flock to you for your dynamism and clarity. Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re delivering a presentation to shape the strategic direction of an investment, hosting a meeting or sending a simple email.
- Quality: Description