Associate Sales Director – LA
MNI Targeted Media, the targeted Advertising division of Meredith Corporation, is looking for an experienced and proven, energetic, self-starting Associate Director, Ad Sales to be based in Los Angeles, California.
The Associate Director designs and implements strategies and goals to ensure the attainment of district sales on all advertising sold throughout the Pacific area. This individual will manage the district’s advertising sales through a team of 5-6 Sales Reps, with overall functional responsibility for delivering the strategic objectives, reporting to the Southwestern Director of Ad Sales. The Associate Director monitors the competitive landscape, sources leads, and leverages their respective contacts to ensure MNI’s visibility and success in the market.
Grow business profitability within the region:
Develop and communicate long and short-term objectives and strategies to meet/exceed sales and profit requirements. Ensure consistency with MNI’s business and growth strategies. Develop and set sales forecast and budget guidelines to meet/exceed associated profitability and productivity targets.
Grow the staff:
Drive individual development goals while taking ownership of training plans and strategies. Lead the coaching and development of all subordinates while providing performance feedback.
Provide superior customer service within the region:
Ensure a seamless service process. Coordinate/integrate a system to ensure additional growth and repeat advertising sales. Interface with key customers to assess current levels of service and identify ways to improve. Provide superior client communication and achievement. Develop a culture that recognizes additional opportunities. Identify and pass on best practices
Increase customer revenue:
Translate corporate strategies into customer plans as appropriate. Adopt new product offerings and identify charter customers. Maintain relationship at client’s senior levels.
- 10+ years of sales and 2+ years management experience within advertising, publishing, or an integrated media company.
- Experience in selling digital is essential.
- A strong record of hiring, developing, and promoting top performers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with and influence many functions and levels within the company.
- A strong, demonstrated track record of achieving tough, demanding goals.
- The ability to self-motivate and take the initiative as well as set strategy and priorities for the team.
- A clearly demonstrated history of developing cooperative relationships both internally & externally.
- The ability to partner with Regional VP, to shape, grow & foster region and district rally cry of success ownership & accountability across the team as well as individual AE’s.
MNI offers an aggressive base + commission package, a complete Meredith Corporation benefits package, and the opportunity to advance.
About this company
MNI Targeted Media.
Your Audience. Delivered.
MNI Targeted Media Inc., a Meredith company, provides targeted advertising solutions digitally and in magazines. MNI is the only resource marketers need to implement a scalable, targeted, multimedia campaign that gets results.
Customized Online Campaigns
From customized digital display including programmatic solutions of MNIx, to unique and first party data offerings, local search, ad networks, and mobile strategies, MNI creates powerful campaigns that deliver specific audiences and objectives. By partnering with the most popular and prestigious websites and targeting & data technologies, MNI is your single resource for full-service, efficient campaigns in the right environments.
The Power of Print
MNI delivers more than 300 geographic options in 11 lifestyle-defined magazine packages, for precise audience targeting. MNI partners with the country's most prestigious magazines, like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Food Network Magazine, Forbes, Real Simple, and more. Visit mni.com for the full portfolio.
Visit mni.com for more information.