Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Financial Services Category, the Senior Marketing Manager will partner with a collaborative, fast-paced team relentlessly focused on media sales revenue growth across the Financial Services category. This person will develop and guide creative, idea-driven and insights-led integrated, multimedia ad sales programs and pitches from inception through sale.
- Leverage a mix of research/insights, emerging trends and client intelligence to clearly articulate complex ideas into effective presentations through strong storytelling, creativity and effective communication
- Develop thorough knowledge of Meredith assets and products across all platforms including digital, print, social and mobile to promote and market these capabilities
- Translate long-term business objectives of clients and category understanding into customized integrated marketing solutions that can be provided by Meredith brands
- Collaborate across departments, brands and constituencies inside and outside the company to coordinate and craft the best possible concept
- Create necessary sales and promotional materials needed to support the sales process including proactive pitches, new programs and RFP responses from ideation through final sale
- Actively research and understand emerging trends and opportunities in the Financial Services industry, tracking these trends in pursuit of new ideas
- Experience: You bring first-hand experience in media + deep interest in the insights that drive sales and the ability to leverage data to build creative sales narratives. You are driven to learn about new tools and technologies that then create new opportunities.
- Enthusiasm: You are curious, self-driven and creative. You are always prepared to seamlessly manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities under tight timelines and maintain grace under pressure. You also bring an ability to play to the strengths of the team.
- Communication chops: Ability to share ideas through your superior writing, communication and presentation skills. You are an embodiment of grace under pressure, and indispensable to both leadership and teammates thanks to a calm, direct approach to communication.
- Imagination: A critical mind paired with boundless creativity that leads to effective, all-new solutions that are simple yet inspired and sophisticated. Brainstorming is a favorite thing to do and where one is at his/her best.
- Organization: Prioritization and organization rule. You are a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge; especially on a tight deadline.
- Collaboration: You're happiest at work when contributing to a project that is a team effort. A natural collaborator who can listen actively and be able to construct big ideas. Plus, an enviable ability to tackle multi-faceted projects with ease; keeping track of each piece, meeting deadlines and producing a polished final product.