About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
At Meredith, we believe that the person who collects the data is often the best equipped to use the data. We are looking to add a Sr. Product and Engineering Analyst with 3-5 years experience to work from implementation through data analysis on growth initiatives - whether that’s growing traffic to one of our many web brands, or increasing subscriptions to our portfolio of print publications. This role is a part of our Analytics team and reports into the Director of Analytics. The team works across all business units of brands such as Martha Stewart Living to People.
- Work with Product/Editorial/Business stakeholders to gather tracking requirements, as well as an analyst’s mindset for what data would be useful to collect
- Write tracking specs across platforms with an eye to consistency and ease of querying
- Ensure we are implementing analytics solutions to gather similarities across multiple digital units.
- Work with in-office and offshore Engineering teams to execute tracking specs
- Act as a product lead on integrating our revenue and site level data sets
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with experience providing business insights and recommendations from a variety data sets
- Guide various departments in new ways of seeing their products through data
- Lead trainings to various business units in how to use analytics tools (Google Analytics, Google Optimize) as well as data warehouses/visualization tools (BigQuery, Mode Analytics).
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
- Degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering, data science or other sciences, such as psychology or physics or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to understand business needs and translate those needs to technical requirements and technical solutions.
- Proven ability to evolve a strategy to a set of objectives and a tactical execution plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interest in digital analytics & experience working for a digital media company
- Customer data based data query and visualization experience (data from web, iOS and Android environments).
- Hands on experience with SQL queries and popular data warehouses like Google BigQuery, Snowflake and AWS
- Strong analytical and written communication skills.
- Experience working with popular query writing tools like Looker, Tableau or Mode Analytics.
- Strong experience with online user behavior and familiarity with the types of events generally tracked.
- A desire to prove the correct answer to yourself via multiple angles or queries on the hypothesis.