About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Senior Network Engineer
Des Moines, IA
Meredith Corporation is actively seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our growing team at our HQ in Des Moines, IA. As the Sr. Network Engineer, you will design, plan, implement and maintain complex local, wide area, and internet data communications networks which provide the data communications backbone for distributed computer systems access by local, distributed, remote and roaming end users. You will develop procedures and tools that provide for the day-to-day operation of the Meredith networked computing infrastructure. This role also involves overseeing data communications management and performance tuning; maintaining accurate logical and physical networks documentation.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs, plans and implements assigned data communications projects.
- Researches and develops implementation plans.
- Participates in projects related to systems and network design, implementation, performance optimization, and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains high level knowledge of skill regarding data communications network services, hardware, and software product offerings.
- Maintains the enterprise data communications infrastructure.
- Maintains secure internet access in a multi-site environment.
- Develops, performs, and maintains network disaster recovery plans.
- Monitors network components and services for prevention of performance problems.
- Develops and maintains equipment and service documentation for daily operations performed including IP address administration, firewall administration, router and switch configurations and logical/physical network diagrams.
- Reviews systems and configurations, makes recommendations and perform updates to further optimize network services for Web and enterprise infrastructures.
- Provides operations support and problem resolution for enterprise data communications, local and wide area networks, Internet connections, network security solutions, wireless data networks, video systems, and other network-based services.
- Contributes to operations support and problem resolution of other networked systems such as desktop devices, Unix servers, and Windows servers.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent training or experience.
Minimum 6 years experience in a corporate networking environment
- OS, IOS-XR, NX-OS Experience/Best Practices
- Cisco Nexus technologies such as VDC, vPC, VXLAN, etc.
- Routing Protocols—OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, L2 / L3 Architecture and Design Multicast, QoS
- Data Center / Core design, configuration, and implementation utilizing Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Architecture
- Cisco Wireless design, configuration, and troubleshooting for Enterprise and campus environments.
- Meraki (Wireless, Security Products, Switches, SDWAN)
Excellent verbal, interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs