About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Systems Engineer - Enterprise Infrastructure
Des Moines, IA
Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Systems Engineer designs, implements, oversees startup, shutdown, backup, restore, security, maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, disaster recovery, patching, capacity planning, and maintenance of accurate documentation and diagrams of the complex integrated computing infrastructure utilized by Meredith Corporation.
In this position, you will provide excellent customer support and consults on a wide range of highly technical issues with minimal assistance. You'll be working in a team environment and provide - or request - teammate assistance as necessary.
As a key member of the Enterprise Infrastructure team, you will contribute your technical analysis skills and occasionally lead systems integration projects and infrastructure support. This includes maintaining and enhancing Meredith Corporation's dynamic server infrastructure in multiple locations, including but not limited to Meredith's remote sites.
Additionally, the Systems Engineer is responsible for obtaining and maintaining technical training and any certifications necessary for continued growth and success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports, resolves, monitors, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems.
- Leads systems integration projects delivering on time, cost effective solutions that meet functional specifications.
- Performs and coordinates effective installations of servers (physical and virtual) and advanced operating systems.
- Evaluates and installs new software releases, system upgrades, and patches.
- Plans and performs appropriate procedures, documentation, inventory assessment, and other tasks related to IT.
- Maintains, monitors, analyzes system components and makes recommendations regarding system and application health.
- Plays a lead role in developing, implementing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Reviews inventory and provides accounting for Meredith Corporation's systems including installed software and server operating systems.
- Conducts software and hardware evaluations, provides technical analysis and implements systems to meet Meredith Corporation's IT goals.
- Undertakes and manages the research and improvement of Meredith Corporation's infrastructure systems.
- Develops a strategic IT plan to meet the requirements of Meredith Corporation's overall growth plan to be reviewed on a regular basis with Management and adjusted as necessary.
- Works with the team to automate management tasks, streamline processes, and perform standard administrative functions as needed.
- Maximizes system availability and performance through fault-tolerant configuration, efficient architecture and proactive server monitoring.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
- BA / BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a System Administration position.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide 24/7 support
- Strong VMware ESXi and vCenter experience
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings
- Knowledge of Git or other version control
- Strong troubleshooting fundamentals