About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
FanSided is one of the fastest growing network of fandom-focused sports, entertainment and lifestyle sites on the internet. Launched by two brothers who wanted to put their own spin on the coverage of their beloved Kansas City Chiefs, FanSided grew to be a thriving collection of more than 300 communities dedicated to bringing together fans to share their common passions. In May of 2015, the company was acquired by Time Inc. In November of 2018, Time Inc. was acquired by Meredith Corp.
FanSided believes everyone is a fan of something. That is why we’ve collected the most passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated editorial voices to lead our sites. Our thought-leading content creators belong to the fandoms they cover, giving our sites the best team-specific, sport-specific, genre-specific, and fanbase-specific coverage possible. The results speak for themselves. FanSided has exploded in popularity in an era where people are using technology to connect, making it easy for fans to digest the content they want, when they want it across all of their favorite verticals. And we’re just getting started.
The Video Editor will be involved in creating content for our website and social media channels. Videos will range from short clips for social media to long form feature pieces. We are a looking for someone who is highly organized, efficient, creative, with a strong attention to detail. We need an editor who can produce at a fast pace when needed while also able to develop a well thought out edit. Someone who is constantly aware of the social landscape; what is trending, what works. Further, we need someone who is constantly looking to grow and advance their skill set along with evolving technologies and trends. An individual that will help shape and represent the FanSided brand in a positive and meaningful way.
- Edit short form and long form content
- Produce video specifically for social media channels
- Edit and create graphics
- Brainstorm with others for topical content that fits within the brand.
- Assist Crew in Production needs
- An in-depth knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After-effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder. 2+ years’ experience.
- Ability to create short form videos and GIFs for social media.
- Strong storytelling ability for feature video pieces.
- Knowledge and a deep understanding of various export settings.
- In touch with current Sports and Entertainment topics.
- Availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, or holidays to cover live events.
- Videography and Camera experience is a plus
- Collaborative: A team player with strong project management and leadership skills.
- Communicative: Grace under pressure. That’s what you have. You’re indispensable to bosses, teammates for your calm, direct approach to communication.
- Fast, not loose: You move a million miles a minute – not because your boss told you to – but because you don’t know how to work any other way. You’re prepared to juggle multiple responsibilities, deadlines and personalities in a fast-paced environment focused on quality, adapting swiftly to a changing landscape.
- A lifelong learner: You have a deep understanding and desire to learn more about the changing media landscape. Your proactive curiosity is contagious; you know how to drive meaningful conversations about the future of media, tech and content.
- A logistical master: You make ideas action. When given a big, elaborate task, you approach it with a clinical precision. Your clear mind and logical approach doesn’t go unnoticed.