About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Synapse Group, Inc., a Meredith company, is a cross-channel affinity marketing company and is the largest marketer of magazines in the U.S. Synapse develops self-funded marketing programs that help some of the world’s largest consumer companies build brand loyalty, acquire new customers, and increase revenue. With access to over 700 consumer titles, our seamless programs optimize customer touch-points across online, retail, phone, and print. Synapse is based in Stamford, CT
Synapse Technology team is looking for a high energy and upbeat individual that wants to work in a challenging, dynamic environment where speed to market is a critical component of success. Come join a smart and agile culture to help lead quality initiatives with a global team that supports multiple applications using a variety of technologies.
Responsibilities will include data modeling, design and architecture of transactional system components and our data warehouse, as well as contributing to our future BI vision. The right individual will possess expertise in data warehousing, data modeling and analytics and be both a hands-on contributor as well as oversee the deliverables of other resources.
- Expert in data modeling, data architecture and ETL processing
- Strong relational database programming skills (Oracle) including complex functions & procedures, indexing, partitioning and queues
- 5+ years of Data warehousing and BI experience
- Proficient in one or more of the following: Business Objects, MicroStategy, Tableau, SiSense
- Linux shell scripting
- GIT or other version control software
- Good understanding of agile practices
- Experience with big data technologies a plus but not required.
- BS Degree or equivalent required in Computer Science or similar area of study
- Track record of strategic technical leadership
- Experience partnering with business to deliver quality solutions against strategic goals
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to guide team through conceptual, high level and low level designs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- serve as a lead (both for technical and domain) for cross-functional and cross-organizational projects in the department or business.
- Recommend technical solutions to the way our data is stored and distributed
- Gives design and code reviews for other engineers (both junior and senior) and offers feedback on issues, as well as architecture, system integration, performance, and scalability issues.
- Recognized as a technical expert and provide technical advice to multiple teams. Code serves as an example to others.
- Focuses on critical systems serving major parts of the business and the interactivity between team’s systems and other systems.
- Perform technical analysis based on requirements to establish architecture approach and create detailed design in support of the requirements
- Provide guidance and leadership for application development teams within delivery area and comfortable with juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Work directly with members of our globally distributed development team
- Partner with business SMEs to understand our business model and provide solutions that meet business objectives
- Ensure and maintain integrity of code base during concurrent development cycles