About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Salesforce Business Analyst
Des Moines, IA
The Salesforce Business Analyst reviews, analyzes and evaluates complex processes, systems and user needs for planned projects involving Saleforce CRM and other sales tools. This position documents business requirements and needs and generates associated business solutions that accomplish Meredith’s needs. The Salesforce Business Analyst assists the IT staff in understanding the operational needs for both automated and manual solutions to business processes. In addition, this position acts as the functional subject matter expert and technical support lead within the department and division.
Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- Collaborates with business users to gather all requirements to prepare business specifications. Translates requirements into business functionality.
- Documents workflows and results of business analysis and obtains sign-off from users on specifications.
- Assists the application development team in translating application functionality into application architecture and technical specifications.
- Communicates the business strategies, goals, and needs to the application development team and serves as business interface to manage expectations.
- Designs and executes test plans to ensure business requirements and functional specifications meet objectives.
- Understands business processes and workflows and identifies necessary changes to these. Recommends solution improvements to the business.
- Documents and communicates procedures and usage recommendations to ensure adoption.
- Conducts training sessions to implement new or improved systems and procedures.
- Evaluates and understands applications that can be used to improve business process and workflow.
- Complete assigned project deliverables according to project plan and expected quality.
- Provides technical knowledge to ensure efficient design, development and implementation of processes and systems.
- Colaborates with Salesforce developers on complex business solutions.
- Leads meetings for purposes of presentations, reviews, approvals, etc.
- Understands the long-term business objectives and suggests strategies to meet those objectives. Introduces innovation to business processes through technology if appropriate.
- Collaborates with the business to create vision and prioritize business objectives.
- Provides application support and technical resolutions to system issues.
- Communicates to stakeholders regarding functional procedures
- Monitors Corporate objectives to understand the business drivers.
- Provides guidance and knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Provide support of business unit outside of business hours as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or MIS disciplines preferred
3 years of experience working as a Business Analyst, Superuser, or other technical capacity understanding, documenting, and communicating business requirements.
Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills
Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
Must be highly-motivated, self-directed and have ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
Excellent written and verbal communication
Excellent direct customer contact skills.
Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Prior experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
Basic Knowledge in BI / Report writing tools e.g. MicroStrategy.