About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
FanSided is one of the fastest growing network of fandom-focused sports, entertainment and lifestyle sites on the internet. Launched by two brothers who wanted to put their own spin on the coverage of their beloved Kansas City Chiefs, FanSided grew to be a thriving collection of more than 300 communities dedicated to bringing together fans to share their common passions. In May of 2015, the company was acquired by Time Inc. In November of 2018, Time Inc. was acquired by Meredith Corp.
FanSided believes everyone is a fan of something. That is why we’ve collected the most passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated editorial voices to lead our sites. Our thought-leading content creators belong to the fandoms they cover, giving our sites the best team-specific, sport-specific, genre-specific, and fanbase-specific coverage possible. The results speak for themselves. FanSided has exploded in popularity in an era where people are using technology to connect, making it easy for fans to digest the content they want, when they want it across all of their favorite verticals. And we’re just getting started.
FanSided is seeking an experienced digital Editor-in-Chief who can take the reigns of our flagship site, causing audience growth through the continued development of the site’s editorial voice and identity, leading to signature content creation that will make FanSided.com a premier destination for fans of sports and entertainment.
- Manage all aspects of FanSided.com's editorial operations
- Establish a consistent voice and style for FanSided.com
- Work with editorial team to create a signature style and content that can help FanSided.com stand out and compete with competitors
- Develop, edit and write excellent sports and entertainment content including news posts, interviews, humor and commentary
- When needed, manage FanSided.com’s desk as a shift supervisor
- Work closely with VP, Content in the development of tentpole content events and strategies and execute existing tentpole events like The Fandom 250 and Fan of the Year
- Work with the product team to develop and test new technologies that will enhance content as well as user experience
- Work cross-functionally with recruiting, social media and operations teams
- Work with FanSided’s video team to write and develop both short and long form projects
- Train and develop new writers both remotely and in-office
- Work with FanSided partners on editorial projects
- When applicable, utilize and highlight FanSided’s vast network of sites and contributors
- 5 or more years of writing and editing experience at a successful digital publication
- Trendsetter: You have a track record of creating and developing exciting new pieces of content that others imitate
- Strong understanding and mastery of SEO, social media and online content strategy
- Eye for identifying and developing stories that will perform well in the digital space
- Ability to work with and coach new writers
- Ability to thrive working in a startup environment
- A love of sports and entertainment and a passion for FanSided
- A strong network of media contacts and writers
- A large following in the digital space
We would love to learn a little more about you and your interest in FanSided. Please include a cover letter if you would like.