About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, and with representatives throughout the U.S., MNI Targeted Media Inc. provides a single point of contact for multiplatform, customized and targeted advertising. From research and strategy to implementation and analysis, MNI Targeted Media offers the digital products and services needed to efficiently and effectively reach audiences in select markets.
The Digital Media Planner to liaise between the Digital Planning team and Sales by participating in RFPs and helping to answer questions and brainstorm during the digital planning process. The Digital Media Planner is tasked with owning major accounts, aiding in the sell through of large pitches, and acting as the “voice” of the Digital Planning team.
- Day-to-day support of digital sales team through development of media plans and decks for advertising proposals. Proposals – both proactive and in response to RFPs – must be accurate, creative, meet objectives, and submitted on time.
- Work closely with digital marketing on custom programs, both digital only and integrated with print.
- Manage and track online campaign implementation, delivery, and optimization processes and ensure that contract revenue is fulfilled.
- Communicate directly with clients and agencies regarding campaign details.
- Liaise between departments: ad operations, digital marketing, sales, and finance.
- Create and update marketing collateral for proposals and sales decks.
- Research and report on website and industry trends when necessary.
- Be an expert on site content, new features, and new ad units in order to put together the best media plans possible.
- Stay abreast of industry news and competitive sites.
- Thrive in an industry where clients need everything yesterday
- Bachelor’s Degree; 2+ years minimum work experience preferred; ideal candidate will have 1 year minimum interactive experience, 1 year minimum digital planning experience at an agency or with a publisher.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be outgoing, organized, efficient, team player and a strategic thinker.
- Above average Excel and PowerPoint literacy proficiency.
- Proficient in digital media tools such as Omniture, Nielsen @Plan, ComScore, etc.
- Solutions oriented with a “can-do” attitude – someone who can think creatively and strategically, has strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and has an interest in digital media and learning about a multi-media brand.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time and priorities.