Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
As part of a front-end development team you will work on a variety of large-scale digital projects across Time Inc UK brands as well as smaller commercial campaigns for multinational clients. You will work closely with project managers, designers, backend devs and dev ops to deliver forward thinking, full responsive, high quality websites.
- Building, maintaining and enhancing campaign micro-sites. Developing high quality front-end code, with care taken to maximise website performance.
- Ongoing development, maintenance and enhancements to a range of high volume Time Inc UK. websites, such as Trusted Reviews and NME.
- Developing and testing new features and functionality to improve UX across Time Inc UK brands.
- Providing guidance to designers and other developers on feasibility and timescales of projects.
- Contributing to the general standard of frontend within the company, and taking ownership of improving and maintaining this to a good standard.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 4 years of professional development experience.
- Strong front-end knowledge of responsive web development with a focus on writing accessible, semantic mark-up.
- The ability to pick up new tech stacks across different projects
- A solid understanding of CSS pre and post-processers such as SASS / Post-CSS.
- Previous experience with ReactJS is benefeicial.
- A strong understanding of GIT
- Knowledge of package managers / task runners such as NPM. WebPack experience is a bonus.
- Experience working with REST APIs and JSON.
- An understanding of PHP is necessary; any experience working with WordPress and Twig is highly beneficial.
- Experience with running virtual environments, ideally Docker.
- Know the importance of efficiency and optimisation on the web, particularly with regard to mobile devices.
- Awareness of the pitfalls of older browsers, and the capabilities to incorporate graceful degradation.
- A meticulous attitude towards documentation.
- Experience of unit and integration testing is beneficial
- Communication – This is an important part of the role, as you will:
- Attend kick off meetings for both campaign micro-sites and larger brand re-designs.
- Provide feedback to designers, other developers and product managers on the feasibility of ideas and the timescales involved.
- Share ideas with other team members and be able to justify your reasons and thinking behind them.
- Communicate tech issues in a way that is understandable by non-technical team members.
- Adaptability – It is important to be able to grow and handle change as you may be required to:
- Learn new skills or coding languages on a per project basis. A positive, can-do attitude and an understanding of the importance of team work is vital.
- Work or attend meetings in one of several Time Inc UK offices across London at short notice.
- Time Management – Being able to effectively manage your own time with minimal supervision is important as remote working is required several days a week.