Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The prospective candidate would work on a wide variety of Retail Research projects for magazine brands. He / she will be responsible for analyzing and carrying out various statistical analyses using SAS and/or R. She / he must also have the ability to interpret the findings of their analysis and communicate these findings effectively and collaborate with the New Jersey team.
- Strong data analytical background
- Knowledge in various Modelling and Statistical Techniques.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, excel and powerpoint skills.
- Needs to be proficient in multi-tasking, detail oriented, and possess excellent communication skills.
- To be the key client contact for research project implementation, follow-up questions and information requests for research projects.
- Report development & Information analysis
- Advanced Reporting on magazine’s newsstand performance vs competitors based on parameters like sales, COT, retailers, share of market, category etc.
- Use SAS/R to run various statistical tests, such as Cover Tests, Promotion Tests, Price Tests etc.
- Competitor Analysis
- Cover Analysis
- Sales Projection via Data Modelling
- Must possess experience in data manipulation and must have the ability to interpret the findings of their analysis and communicate these findings effectively.
Skills & Experience
Technical Must have: Knowledge of quantitative data analysis and statistics, Working Knowledge in various model building techniques, Strong analytical skills, Data interpretation, Report writing and presentation skills, Microsoft Office tools -Excel, & PowerPoint
Non-Technical Must have: Strong attention to detail, Good communication and writing skills, Relationship building skills, Good Team management skills, research project management, Ability to handle many projects simultaneously, Innovative and creative thinking
Good to have: Understanding of Media Industry, Ability to work on Automating tools, Knowledge of SAS and/or R
MBA in Marketing from a reputed college with good grades.