Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
Decanter is the world’s leading wine media brand. It comprises the magazine, Decanter Premium, Decanter.com, DecanterChina.com, the Decanter World Wine Awards and both Europe’s and China’s premier consumer wine events.
About the role
As part of the team dedicated to providing Decanter Premium members with online access to thousands of fine wine tasting notes and analysis, you will:
- Sub-edit, upload and optimise wine tasting notes to meet strict, daily deadlines
- Upload the magazine every month and work methodically through back issues
- Drive best practice and process in bottle shots and stockist information across print and digital
- Act as a data guardian of the wine database
- Assist in creation of content for Decanter editorial
- Work across different Decanter channels to encourage the use of Decanter Premium content
- Re-work Decanter Premium content into smaller, SEO friendly, posts
With a deep knowledge in and passion for the wine industry, you will ideally have copy editing experience within an editorial content team spanning digital and print. You will also have:
- Strong Excel skills and be comfortable using Adobe suite, such as Photoshop
- A basic understanding of the principles of SEO for content
- Experience of using WordPress or other CMS
- Minimum WSET level 2 wine knowledge
- Impeccable attention to detail and ruthless drive for both accuracy and consistency
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Strong written English
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy and vibrant editorial team at the heart of the wine world at an exciting time of digital expansion, whilst expanding your wine knowledge and network.