Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
About the brand
Horse & Hound is Britain's leading multi-platform equestrian brand, with 130 years at the heart of international horse sport.
About the job
This is a 6 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave. In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for Researching, writing and loading news stories for print and online, including producing regular newsletters and overseeing the brand's representation on Facebook.
The Horse & Hound team practises flexible working, with working hours split between our Farnborough office and home working as appropriate for the role and experience of the individual.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing, scheduling and posting news content
- Oversee the H&H brand on Facebook
- Investigate information for print and online news articles
- Ensure accuracy of content
- Writing clean, accurate copy for the magazine
- Write in the region of 5-10 stories a week for the website
- Assist in other areas of editorial content creation as needed
- Liaise with PR agencies and related stakeholders
- Attend press events
An experienced writer with a background as a news journalist, you have a proven track record of writing clean, crisp copy to tight deadlines. You also have:
- Strong digital publishing skills including experience of CMS, SEO, analytics
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other members of the team
- Ability to work with deadlines and be willing to be flexible
- Good IT skills including Indesign and MS Office
- Knowledge of magazine production process
- Deep understanding of and passion for the equestrian world
- Social media skills to increase brand awareness and reach