About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
The Managing Editor serves as the nerve center for two of the country’s preeminent luxury titles: Travel + Leisure, the largest-circulation and only monthly travel magazine in the United States, with a digital platform reaching 10M monthly unique visitors; and Departures & Centurion, publishing eleven issues a year in partnership with American Express, and covering a full range of lifestyle topics, including fashion, design, travel, and more.
- Lead day-to-day magazine operations, managing all aspects of production before, during, and after closing to ensure all products are created and shipped accurately and on time
- Directly manage support teams critical to magazine production, including Copy, Research, and Production, as well as Editorial Operations Coordinators
- Manage editorial-review systems, schedules, and workflow, and continually optimize processes to ensure the most efficient production
- Manage editorial database to ensure accurate and up-to-date reflection of commissioning and inventories
- Partner with editorial department leads and Finance to manage print and digital operating budgets and financial forecasting to ensure adherence to budgets and accurate spending projections
- Manage contracts and all brand legal considerations
- Coordinate onboarding, contracting, and paying external contributors and vendors
- Manage editorial staff T&E and PTO, along with office costs, freelance staff costs and other expenses to ensure adherence to budgets and efficient use of resources
- Serve as key point person on incoming requests for manufacturing, procurement, accounts payable, real estate/facilities, external vendors, and other Meredith brands
- Experienced. You have 5+ years of experience as a Managing Editor at a major consumer media brand; experience with lifestyle content, particularly travel, a plus but not required. You also have some experience with copy editing and/or print production.
- Analytical. You have the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively in a logical manner with specific fluency with P&Ls and financial forecasting. You have an eye for detail and passion for finding innovative solutions.
- Organized. You live by prioritization and organization. You’re a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge; especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair make you an invaluable asset to any team.
- Communicative. You have an unflappable demeanor, excellent people skills and thrive building clear effiencies. You’re indispensable to bosses, teammates for your calm, direct approach to communication.