Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
International, intelligent and influential, Wallpaper* is at the cutting edge of design and style.
Sold in over 93 countries, Wallpaper* is a globally recognised brand with unparalleled success in reaching the design elite.
Championing the best in design since 1996 and constantly pushing into new creative territories, Wallpaper* ensures its coverage of everything from architecture to motoring, fashion to travel, and interiors to jewellery remains unrivalled.
The current international circulation is 100,003 copies Global distribution comprises: 30% UK, 30% US, 30% Continental Europe, 10% Rest of the World
Wallpaper* also publishes wallpaper.com. This global online design resource gives an international audience access to Wallpaper’s extensive daily news and reviews and has expanded rapidly with now more than 14.4M page impressions and over 1.7M unique users each month and over 5 million highly engaged users across it’s social media platforms.
About Wallpaper* Bespoke
Sitting between the editorial and commercial teams, Wallpaper* Bespoke is Wallpaper* magazine’s creative agency, producing innovative, cross-platform, commercially funded creative material for a highly prestigious, international client roster. The breadth of creative work is vast covering everything from unique design installations, digital content, social media collaborations, experimental video work, interior design projects and 'white-label' content.
The team at Wallpaper* Bespoke continually exceeds both client and reader expectations with projects executed with a panache and imagination that often exceeds editorial standards. Each concept is developed by Wallpaper’s in-house team of writers, stylists and designers, who collaborate with the world’s most cutting-edge photographers, filmmakers and creatives to produce the very highest calibre content. Wallpaper* Bespoke works closely with clients, carefully and intelligently interpreting briefs and applying the world famous Wallpaper* aesthetic to each project.
Unbounded by the conventional parameters of standard magazine advertorial practice, Wallpaper* Bespoke looks to ever more imaginative and innovative ways to work with clients. Drawing on Wallpaper* magazine’s global talent pool of creators, artists and designers, the Bespoke team intends to extend its business across both digital and print platforms, creating high quality white label content, co-hosting events and driving impactful physical content.
About the role
The overall remit is to develop revenue for the Wallpaper* Group across a variety of areas with a focus on Bespoke promotions in the magazine and online, client partner events, and additional new business revenue ideas (supplements, special publishing projects, etc). The successful candidate will report into the Bespoke Director, and work as part of a team including a Producer, Senior Designer, Designer and Editor (who are responsible for the delivery of Bespoke promotions).
The ideal candidate would come from a sales background with previous experience of managing commercial clients, demonstrating the ability to work across a variety of market sectors, and with a strong understanding of the creative and production process involved with a bespoke project. The role of Account Manager is fundamental in developing the Bespoke business, a key growth area for Wallpaper*, it is therefore vital that the candidate knows how magazines work from both a commercial and editorial prospective, and understands the importance of cross-platform sales.
- Sell Wallpaper* Bespoke to key clients within designated categories – account manage existing clients whilst also developing new business
- Develop creative ideas for the brand across print and digital platforms, using the extensive Wallpaper* network of skills and contacts to develop a strategy for new revenue generating projects (ie: supplements, partner events, online integrations, creative brand development) that reflect the Wallpaper brand values.
- Develop and write creative proposals for clients (ideally with experience using InDesign for Mac)
- Report business on a regular basis to the Bespoke Director
- Work closely with the Bespoke Team, as well as the commercial, digital, design and editorial teams.
- Produce market reports on categories and develop business opportunities for lapsed clients
- An ability to sell the most beautiful and most creative projects whilst driving revenue and profit across every touch point of the Wallpaper* brand
- Strong communication and presenting skills - the ability to translate and communicate client’s briefs to the team/client/agency
- Build strong ongoing relationships with clients and agencies
- To understand client briefs and requirements, with the ability to relay these objectives through creative proposals
- Confident face-to-face selling and presenting skills
- A strong knowledge of the Wallpaper* brand personality
- A strong knowledge of the creative solutions process