Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
About the role
The successful candidate will act as a commercially focused Reward Advisor supporting the business and wider HR team by providing proactive reward services and advice. You will support the Head of OD in implementing the company’s people plan and related reward projects, ensuring best practice across the company.
- Ensure that the business can access operational and best practice advice on a range of Reward issues.
- Support the development of an appropriate Reward Strategy for the designated business areas including package benchmarking
- Manage the Reward inbox
- Draft reward and benefits related communications
- Reporting and analytics superuser for HR
- Support the annual executive incentive scheme delivery, ensuring incentive targets are set, communicated and paid
- Provide guidance on the annual pay review processes
- Complete annual submissions to benchmarking providers
Specific responsibility for coordination of the following:
- Pension Plans and communication of changes
- Liaise with the outsourced providers to provide effective day to day management of the on-site resources.
- Season ticket loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Medical and Dental
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs)
- Tax efficient salary sacrifice schemes
- Long Service Awards
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Market Data and salary surveys
With a proven track record in a reward focused role you will have the following skills experience and attributes:
- Ability to provide Reward services and advice in a commercially sensitive and appropriate way
- Experience of contributing to business change events.
- Good knowledge of reward best practice, compensation and benefits issues, and related legislation
- Experience of having introduced company/voluntary benefits, and/or of having made changes to existing schemes and structures
- Numerate with the ability to understand and manipulate numerical data
- The ability to work accurately with a good eye for detail
- Able to work to weekly and monthly deadlines with relevant information provided to payroll and other third party benefits providers
- Able to build effective relationships with employees at all levels of the organisation, and benefits suppliers and advisers
- Ability to develop innovative communications, for a variety of formats, e.g. PowerPoint presentations, reports, marketing information, internet and intranet information.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, advanced numerical reasoning skills and with the ability to self-manage time effectively
- A proactive can-do approach to suggest improvements and work flexibly as requirements change
- The ability to use excel spreadsheets to an advanced level with knowledge of pivot tables and lookups.
- Previous experience in the Reward field is essential.
- A good team player, willing and able to help others