Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
About the brand
Now in its fifth decade, Decanter remains the world’s leading authority on wine. It is simply the ‘wine bible’.
About the role
The Awards Director is an accomplished and well-respected wine professional who will oversee, lead and drive all aspects of the Decanter World Wine Awards, Decanter Asia Wine Awards as well as the Retailer Awards.
The successful candidate will act as the Decanter brand ambassador to the wine trade, including wine producers, retailers, sommeliers, sponsors and media. You will drive and continue to grow the Awards to ensure they are recognised as the most respected wine competitions in the world by both trade and consumers.
- Lead and drive the development of the annual business plans and strategic objectives for all Decanter awards
- Manage 3 direct reports: wine logistics, awards sales manager and tastings assistant
- Using industry knowledge create and oversee the sales plan to hit profit targets
- Analyse submitter entries to understand behaviour in order to keep the Awards growing and to avoid gaps in performance
- With Awards Sales Manager promote Awards visibility and drive the Awards sales
- Regularly review Awards operations and processes to ensure efficiencies
- Oversee wine logistics manager deliver successful plans to deadline for judging weeks
- Manage wine categorisation, recruiting experts to assist and ensure all wines are tasted in the optimum order allowing wines to shine
- Using industry contacts select and recruit UK and overseas judges for each competition
- Deliver the smooth running of each judging week
- Deliver a strategy to guarantee maximum exposure to the Awards winners across consumer and trade events.
- Participate in key trade events worldwide, ensuring the Awards, and the Decanter brand more generally, have a presence
- Deliver Awards results on time for publication in Decanter magazine and online
- Review and develop the Retailer Award categories in dialogue with the trade
You will be a prominent figure in the wine world, with a proven track record in project management and delivering high quality events in the UK and abroad. You have:
- In-depth wine knowledge
- An established network of senior level contacts in the wine industry
- A proven track record of working well with multi-discipline teams
- A positive leadership style with a passion for developing people