Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
To bring an exceptional level of video expertise, creativity and quality control to the commercial video content conceived, developed and produced by Time Inc. UK.
The role is titled Executive Producer to denote seniority and experience, but, for avoidance of doubt, you will be our primary hands-on video producer on shoots, ultimately responsible for the delivery of these commercial video works.
You may also play a creative consulting role to editorial video teams, to help them improve the quality and ambition of their ideas.
- Drive the generation of video-led concepts for the commercial content arm of Time Inc. UK, The Foundry, across all our UK magazine titles, from Homes and Lifestyle to Sport and Technology.
- Use your on-location video production experience to ensure we deliver high quality, engaging and creative videos that will wow our commercial clients, and encourage repeat campaigns.
- Navigate the tightrope between client expectations and editorial integrity with composure and skill. You should be equally at home coaxing a commercial mention from an editor as pushing back on an unreasonable product placement request.
- Demonstrate expertise in scripting, casting, music use and storytelling across multiple genres and topic areas.
- Be comfortable asking off-camera questions to contributors and working with all on-screen talent to ensure great performances.
- Demonstrate a deft touch in guiding an edit through post production, to deliver on a client brief while maintaining great narrative structure.
- Be the gatekeeper for in-sourcing or out-sourcing video production work profitably and for on time delivery.
- While our in-house production team is excellent, you will help the Head of Video Production build successful relationships with outside directors and specialists, to deliver the best quality creative work for clients, and to their deadlines.
- Be able to conceive and write detailed video synopses and/or treatments, to provide guidance and clarity to advertisers who have booked ‘native’ content campaigns. Advertisers will not be granted the rights to make creative or stylistic amendments to native video content after production, so it is vital that these synopses have sufficient clarity that an advertiser can sign off on them.
- Be able to write clear and exciting treatments for both advertorial and off-site videos campaigns.
- Build relationships with Sales colleagues and others, so you become a trusted advisor on video. Leverage those relationships to ensure teams follow due process when selling and booking video campaigns.
- Provide support to the Partnerships, Digital and Client sales personnel as well as The Foundry, so that they can differentiate between and understand the benefits of different types of video. Be able to advise them on which types of video are suitable for different audiences, for different social platforms and within different budget levels.
- Work closely with the Head of Native Content Marketing & Social Media to ensure that for all native video proposals, content strategy and distribution strategy are aligned.
- Build and nurture a strong collaborative relationship with the Commercial Editorial Director so that there is a singularity of mission and consistency across campaigns that include print, digital article and video executions.
- Ensure we identify and train other commercial content team members with the potential to become video producers.
- Play a creative consultancy role to our main editorial video brands. The Central Video Team hires and places videographers with magazine brands, but video ideation, planning and execution is done by the brand teams themselves. Our aim is to improve their creative thinking, series planning and shareability.
- Keep abreast of video innovation and be able to share learnings and expertise from other areas of the business as well as outside Time Inc. UK with The Foundry and Time Inc. Advertising as a whole.
- Maintain an understanding of and familiarity with Time Inc. UK’s brands, and be able to articulate the qualities of those brands and their content internally and externally.
- Ensure that The Foundry’s core values of Curiosity, Creativity and Collaboration are central to everything that you do.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of how Time Inc. UK and the wider company are evolving and how this evolution affects the way we position ourselves to clients and partners.
- Regularly use, update and utilise any Time Inc. UK CRM system.
- Take responsibility for your own personal development plan.
- Ensure you are familiar with and that you adhere to all Time Inc. UK policies and standards of business conduct.
Who we’re looking for:
This role requires great flexibility, calmness and collaboration. You will be working to tight deadlines, often under pressure, with people who may not always understand the video creative process. The reward will be in playing a leading role in the business transition of one of the UK’s most storied media companies.
We are looking for a self-starting, fun and passionate colleague. Someone our editorial teams will look forward to working with and our sales teams will trust to deliver for their clients.
You will be the glue holding together our directors, project managers and editors. We look forward to meeting you.