About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, and with representatives throughout the U.S., MNI Targeted Media provides a single point of contact for multiplatform, customized and targeted advertising. From research and strategy to implementation and analysis, MNI Targeted Media offers the print and digital products and services needed to efficiently and effectively reach audiences in select markets.
The Human Resources Director will plan, develop, direct and implement HR services in support of business objectives, manage all aspects of the HR function, and serve as a resource for employees and managers.
The Human Resources Director actively participates as a member of MNI's leadership team and provides direction and counsel on all HR matters. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented position with heavy workload/hours.
- Manage and administer the full process for recruiting, hiring, and selection of station employees. Administer the new hire orientation process and follow-up.
- Promote and deliver full participation in performance management process, including goal setting, appraisals, coaching and development plans, and retention plans.
- Identify and develop solutions to address specific needs; e.g.: compensation/job re-evaluation, organizational function design, training/OD interventions to increase team effectiveness, and improved communication within and across the location.
- Provide counsel and direction and/or directly handle employee relations matters - in concert with the Corporate HR and/or Legal department as necessary. Balance employee advocacy role and consultant role with managers in employee relations matters.
- Drive multiple MNI and Corporate programs and initiatives, such as Health & Financial Wellness and Healthy Lifestyle programs to meet participation goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Five years of HR Generalist experience required. Two to three years solid working knowledge and experience with state and federal laws affecting employment, discipline and termination.
- Experience actively managing, reviewing and responding to matters relating to EEO, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, HIPAA, and Title VII.
- Strong training facilitation preferred.
- Experience working with employee records, security and retention, and proper handling of confidential employee information.
- HR metrics and performance measurement.
- Past supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience applying and responding to questions about Compensation and Benefit plans.
- Advanced consulting and negotiation skills.
- Good project management and organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- PC proficiency including HRIS, payroll, MS Office applications, Workday and database management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shift priorities as customer needs change.
- Ability and desire to take on new and unfamiliar tasks and assignments.
- Must be an effective leader with the ability to create effective change.
- Ability to work on teams as well as independently.
- Must have proven judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver results in a consultative and collaborative manner.
Travel Required (Approximate): 5%