Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Role Reports to: Client Services Director
Direct Reports: Group Circulation Managers
Part of Time Inc and one of the UK’s leading magazine distributors, Marketforce work closely with some of the UK’s leading Publishers on sales strategy, advise on the best approaches to the distribution of their brands and develop the most striking consumer promotions on the UK newsstand.
About Publisher Services
Publishing Services provide high quality circulation sales and marketing solutions to over 70 independent publisher clients. We represent a wide range of leading magazine publishers, brands, and sectors - including Aceville, DC Thomson, De Agostini, Future, HELLO!, Monocle, Net-A-Porter, Panini, The Economist and Private Eye. We are a dynamic and fast growing division, highly focused on servicing our publishers’ needs.
Overview of role:
You will be responsible for leading our client facing teams to develop and deliver the jointly agreed objectives of our publisher clients and ultimately their financial contribution.
You will support the Client Services Director and your team to deliver best in class service to our publisher clients, taking a lead role in retaining clients and contributing to the development of new business.
- Develop strong, productive relationships with senior stakeholders at our publisher clients
- Deliver ‘best in class’ service to publisher clients, ensure a dynamic understanding of publisher expectations, strategy and core objectives
- Support the Client Services Director with the renewal process, take lead on service delivery and support the negotiation process
- Lead and develop the Publisher Services team
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues, external stakeholders and suppliers ensuring maximum service levels to publisher clients
- Maximise financial contribution to Marketforce, in line with agreed targets
- Support our new business effort, the development of new services and revenue streams
Ideally with a background in publishing, circulation or distribution you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Extensive experience of effectively managing multiple high value client relationships at a strategic level
- A proven track record of successfully leading client services teams
- A client led approach to strategic account management
- Ability to develop effective networks and positively influence multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of driving a positive performance driven culture centred on development of people
- A problem solver, ability to efficiently and effectively manage resolution of issues at all levels
- Experience of retaining existing strategic accounts
- Experience of contributing to new business pitches and developing service offer