Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
A vacancy has arisen for a Financial Accountant within the Group Financial Reporting department of Time Inc. (UK) Ltd,
- Processing and production of financial information to a high degree of accuracy on a timely basis;
- Reconciliation and analysis of key balance sheet accounts;
- Fixed asset accounting, including FA roll-forwards, reporting of actuals versus forecast and preparation of depreciation expense forecasts;
- Preparation of various quarterly disclosure requirements;
- Preparation of rolling 52 week cash forecast on a weekly basis;
- Maintenance of all property lease accounting schedules;
- Ensuring finance compliance and control practices are adhered to;
- Preparation and posting of journal entries into PeopleSoft general ledger;
- Completion of other compliance returns such as government statistics;
- Other ad hoc duties and projects as required.
- A qualified or part qualified accountant with relevant accounting experience
- Experience in a financial accounting role in a large corporate organisation is essential
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with non-financial colleagues is essential
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels is essential
- Ability to work independently
- Bright, energetic and self-motivated individual with a rigorous approach to work
- Ability to be flexible and successfully work in a fast changing environment
- Numerate, accurate and demonstrate sound judgement
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet knowledge and experience essential
- Competent in the use of integrated financial systems. PeopleSoft a plus!